A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Wiimote on PC?

Asuma

Make sure your PC has Bluetooth compatibility. If your computer doesn't have it, you can by a BT USB plugin for $20.

If a Bluetooth Managment utility doesn't come with your plugin, you can probably download online for free or buy it.

Now, download and install GlovePIE.

Run your Bluetooth manager and put it into detect mode, turn on your Wiimote, and run GlovePIE.

That should cover everything except IR support. I never got IR working when I was messing with Wiimote-PC stuff. (Although I did try playing Warcraft with it for a bit, and it was pretty fun jumping around and backstabbing.)

Make sure your PC has Bluetooth compatibility. If your computer doesn't have it, you can by a BT USB plugin for $20.

Some laptops have built-in Bluetooth support, however, a lot don't. Like Sockman said, you will most likely need a Bluetooth USB device in order to even get the ball rolling.

Guest Shadix

Also, with your wiimote connected through bluetooth you can only use the controllers' rotation sensor and the buttons on the controller. If you want the pointer you have to either construct your own sensor bar or essentially set your wii up next to your PC without your wiimote trying to use the wii. :P

In order to hook it up though, you have to reset the controller and make sure the wii's either unplugged or far enough away from the computer for it to pick it up. Naturally the wiimote wants to try and connect to the wii first.

Guest Shadix
Or, alternatively, you can purchase the Nyko wireless sensor bar. That way you can still have a good distance between your Wii and your computer.

heh, I guess. There's also that wiimote clone for PC.