A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Can someone give me an update on things? Oh, and hi.

Cyber Rat

So, since high school is now basically over, and I'm studying for my college exams, I decided to re-join this place. I dunno if people still remember me, I was active here until I somewhere when the site was hacked and everybody moved to ezboard, so basically somewhere around the time TGF and MMF were being used and Game Maker was ostracized by other members. I really have good memories of this place, even though I was one of the worse n00bs in the beginning (I think I gave ila nightmares with the spam emails I sent him, mostly "how do I keep Sonic from falling thourgh the floor?" questions >_> ), but I must admit that the Grammar Nazis of this forum helped my spelling a lot. My two contributions to this community were a 2 level demo (done together with a few people) and a "drown tutorial" which I'm not sure whether is still on the site (didn't even bother to check), so I hope to actually do something productive this time, given the lack of school obligations for the next few months.

So, I lurked here a little before actually posting and saw a few people like 2D, ila, Nitemare, Blue Frenzy, etc., but I was wondering whether Clwe, rtsmarty, MikeL, Blues, Ninja and Sonic Project were alive?

Also, I saw that MMF2 has an online option, so I wanted to ask whether it worked as it should? I am considering whether I should make a fighting game in M.U.G.E.N. or MMF2, and an online option is a BIG plus.

And the final question: are people finishing fangames or not?

Anyway, I hope I'll be more tolerable this time. XD

Long time no see my first team mate XD.

Lots of people left this like you did, and since then, this has been a quiet place. People is still working in fangames, not as much as before since noobs are actually hard bashed and they left quickly, but I still continue with SFA XD and there are great fangames in the sight.

Welcome again ^^

Thanks for the welcome, everybody. I also noticed that the polls have been disabled on this forum as well. I guess the fear of Shadow VS Sonic polls is still great XD

Also, if anybody could answer my question regarding the quality of MMF2's online option, I would be grateful.

As far as i know, there isnt anything MUGEN can do that MMF2 cant do, but there are things that MUGEN cant that MMF2 can. If i wanted create a MUGEN fighter in MMF, i dont think i would have much problem.

As for online? Im not really sure, because I only know of one person who has ever used MMF online (Inferno L. Flames), and i dont believe he ever had an actual server for it.

But yes, it does work.

• Like 1

I remember you! Vaguely. Still have that old two level demo of your game?

I saw Sonic Project and rtsmarty recently. MikeL pops in from time to time but is never really active, and I think Blues is still banned or something (or still has the curse.. we should let him back in :(). I haven't seen Ninja in over a year, and last time I spoke to Clwe was when he signed on AIM like two years ago. He's busy with work.

smidge died

=O

I remember you! Vaguely. Still have that old two level demo of your game?

I think I don't since my last PC died. But I still remember how the engine goes more/less. Just need to refresh my memory.

and I think Blues is still banned or something

Bummer.

Still Dre Day, nigga. AK nigga.

Still, puffing my leafs, still with the beats,

Still not loving police,

Still rock my khakis with a cuff and a crease.

Still got love for the streets, rapping 213

Still the beat bangs, still doing my thang

Believe it or not, Blues is not banned. Long story though, and really not anyone's business here.

Well, if I ever need to know, I'll probably find out, but like you said, not my business. What counts is that I am back and you can all enjoy the beauty of my posts XD