A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[Help] Silver float

RAGE

Lo all,

Its been a while since I ever had to post anything for help on SFGHQ but this one bugs me on sonic worlds. Im trying to put every charecter into the Worlds engine before doing anything else but Silver floating just isnt working right at all.

Like in the real games, he jumps then floats/hovers in the direction you control but doesnt go up or down unless hes tired. Any suggestions from scratch?

try taking knuckles glide (theres bound to be a tutorial for that on the site that goes with this forum) and make it so he doesn't loose height but for a limited time. unfortunately i can't give you any technical advicee on how you would achieve that....

EDIT: a quick browse turned up this: http://sonicfangameshq.com/view.php?sec=4&id=12 it's pretty old though, but should give you some ideas

I tried to work from tails's fly except removed the increasing fly and only over left or right. It works ok but the charecter doesnt go back to its original state after the flying has been completed unles I programed him to use tail's flying tech. Its all static I want to work with.

When you're holding the button, set it to a new action. While in that action-

Always->

Add 1 to an alterable value

set Yspeed to 0

If the alterable value = however many frames you want to keep him in the air ->

Set action to 40(spring)

Should be all you need to do.

• 2 months later...