A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Instant NEEDS YOU!

Yes, that's right. YOU. Anyone. Please.

Actually, I need people to record themselves acting like they're calling me for a Shoutcast I'm doing. Copypasta from SER:

I'm going to do a Ringcast of EPIC proportions. And I need your- YES YOU ...your help. There will be segments where people "call in" to the cast, as if it were a radio station.

What I need from YOU is YOU recording YOURSELF as if you were talking to the host of a radio station... about a topic. Any topic. Imagine how that conversation would go.

Send me your lines via my e-mail, and I will record myself responding accordingly. I need submissions by the 15th at the latest, so DO YOUR THING.

Also, example.

This will be good.

So far what I've got from the rest of the scene is kicking mucho ass. The broadcast will air at 8:00PM EST this Friday on Sonic Eats Ring's Shoutcast server!

Guest Shadix

Might I contact you possibly about doing something like this for SAGE?

Also, I think if you used skype you might actually be able to get people to "call in", albiet through skype and not phone as I don't think Skype's phone function allows incoming calls.

Also, I think if you used skype you might actually be able to get people to "call in", albiet through skype and not phone as I don't think Skype's phone function allows incoming calls.

Last time I checked, that's what I'm doing, but meh.

So you basically want use to talk to ourselves? I think I can cook something up.

Nah, I'm doing a whole prerecorded thing, so I need people to just record themselves. I don't want to use Skype due to unpredictability. Also Neo, I've been playing Psychonauts for the first time, and I'm on the part where you have to find out who the milk man is. D: Spoilers suck.

Sorry, Psychonauts rocks outside of I beat it in about 2 days. When you find out who the milk man is, you get one of my favorite scenes in the whole game. I' actually surprised someone recongized it though. O_o

Anyway, AIM me if you want me to send you something.

So, I just want to know if I'm reading this right. We record ourselves having half of a conversation? Like, we say stuff and then pause, waiting for some phantom response, re cord it, send it to you, and then you fill in the blanks?

Thats sounds hilariously confusing.

Guest Shadix

You could have the conversations over the phone\skype\etc. Sounds alot less ridiculous than a planned callin where X person talks to himself somehow a conversation is supposed to result.

I just don't see how the amount of effort you are going to go through splicing together a conversation could be worth it.