A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Untitled Sonic dinosaur shooter.

Sonic should not be trekking through a jungle blasting at dinosaurs. That's an almost complete juxtaposition of themes; it's totally insane.

That's exactly why this game will rock. Continue good sir. Continue.

Yeah, I thought as much; I was actually about to add a "lunging" move when it got close to you, but felt that'd be a bit too much for a tutorial.

Anyway, just tell me what you want and I'll try to give you a coding example.

Another idea would be to control sonic's gun with the mouse and move him with W,A,S,D.

You don't have to use it but it would make the game easier to control.

Well the control's are W,A,S,D to move and click to shoot. You can only shoot left and right though

Here USC, I made a storyboard to demonstrate how I would like the Raptors to attack.

[qimg]http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/3865/aidemodw4.png[/qimg]

Haha...I figured that's what you'd need eventually.

Okay, here goes...

Almost everything coded so far still stands; however, we now also have to create a counter / alternate value that controls the raptor's Y value. Additionally, we'll need a new flag (Flag 2) that limits the "attack movement"; specifically, we'll only want the raptor to do the mindless charge when Flag 2 is off, AND Flag 0 is on.

(Of course, if you're using a counter instead, this might be easier. In that case, Counter = 0 corresponds to "Flag 0 is off" and normal pacing, Counter = 1 corresponds to "Flag 0 is on" and attack movement, and Counter = 2 corresponds to "lunge and run")

Now, when the dino is REALLY close to Sonic, set Flag 2 on / set Counter = 2. Apply the same code you use for Sonic's jumping to the dino, only a lot shorter. This creates the "lunge".

Next, if the dino either hits Sonic or misses and hits the ground, set Counter = 3 / set a NEW flag 3 on, and set the "X Value Counter" equal to a certain value.

I would make it a value that's inbetween the "charge" range and the "lunge" range.

The raptor should still be moving in the opposite direction (since we disable the normal "turn-around" code by turning on Flag 2 / setting Counter > 1), so start subtracting the "X value counter".

When X value counter = 0, turn Flag 2 and Flag 3 off / set Counter = 1. This should reactivate the charge code...

Hope that helps; if not, I'll try and actually code it for you later.

• Like 1

So I need some opinions on the title. The codename for the project is SIS which stands for "Sonic Isla Sorna" which is the name of the island from Jurassic Park 2. I don't want this game to be a crossover with Jurassic Park. I am only using the sprites. So anyone have any ideas? So far I got

Sonic Dino Panic

Sonic Dinosaur adventure (so corny)

(please don't post moronic titles like "Sonic shoots his gun" it is really annoying)

i think a better attack would be this :

-Raptor runs towards sonic

-Raptor lunges at sonic

one of two conditions: [ Raptor connects with sonic ] --- *1

[ Raptor misses sonic] --*2

*1- Raptor starts to maul sonic while sonic is knocked down, press directional keys to shake it off = After shaken off, raptor runs off

*2- Raptor misses and kind of pauses for a short second, then runs off.

• 2 months later...