A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Who wants to be Gordon Freeman?

Strangelets are a hypothetical form of strange matter that contains roughly equal numbers of up, down, and strange quarks and are more stable than ordinary nuclei.

I fucking hate Quantum Mechanics. You think you understand matter, but really you're just using a model which was only considered modern for a brief period of time between the 30s and the 60s.

Guest Shadix

I remember reading a magazine article on this not to long ago. I still get a kick out of all this CERN stuff being real after reading Angels and Demons. The particle accelerator is definitely really cool, lets just hope some secret cult doesn't decide to steal antimatter and blow stuff up with it.

And this thing operates at 2 kelvin? isnt that like, what a degree above Absolute Zero? How can you get something that cold...

It would actually be 2 degrees above absolute zero, seeing as absolute zero is, *gasp*, 0 Kelvin.

I fucking hate Quantum Mechanics. You think you understand matter, but really you're just using a model which was only considered modern for a brief period of time between the 30s and the 60s.

Quantum Box. Go head... Open it...