A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

TONIGHT I DINE IN LIBERTY CITY! :o

shadowgoten

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Game? Yes.

Better than previous GTAs? Hell Yes.

Perfect, 10/10 game? Bollocks.

Dialogue's still awful, but less so than the previous ones. Story so far isn't exactly making think any more than "The Writer still thinks he's Tarentino", Driving's not particularly enjoyable, and the cover system is pants.

An Improvement over previous GTA games by far, fixes a lot of the problems they had and has enough little things to keep you busy for years = Excellent value for money, but it seems to me they could've spent a bit longer polishing some fun into the stuff you do for most of the game (Driving and Shooting), both of which are just a little too stale for my liking.

Unarmed combat can also go to hell.

Great game, fantastic level of depth, but not perfect. Not the best game of all time, TBO.

I will, of course, be ignored, because OMG 10/10 BEST GAM EVAR!!1 :P

I will, of course, be ignored, because OMG 10/10 BEST GAM EVAR!!1 :P

I don't even know what you're trying to imply, but you're doing it poorly.

GTA is very much a genre and style that not everyone likes, but that doesn't mean it's a conspiracy to construct a false idol out of an arbitrary game. Whether or not you enjoy them, there are reasons why the GTA games get such high reviews.

Well, not only is brawl the funnest game ive ever played, it fixed most of the issues Melee had and added combos to the game along with plenty more mechanics that have tweaked the gameplay to the most stable state it can ever get for me.

But yeah, brawl was no series revolution or anything, but it was what it was, and it did it well.

10's are garbage anyway. IGN is no more human or biased than any of us.

Well, not only is brawl the funnest game ive ever played, it fixed most of the issues Melee had and added combos to the game along with plenty more mechanics that have tweaked the gameplay to the most stable state it can ever get for me.

But yeah, brawl was no series revolution or anything, but it was what it was, and it did it well.

10's are garbage anyway. IGN is no more human or biased than any of us.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/grandtheftauto4

lol you are dumb if you're just gonna base your opinion on 1 site, there's 18 other reviews that sing 100 as well.

As DW said, this game is a HUGE step forward with the series, brawl is amazing, but it didn't revolutionize ANYTHING or take much steps forward.

Guest Shadix

Funny how up to release everyone had been caught in the dojo trance that it would be revolutionary.

Is the game pretty polished, or does it suffer from just a general, yet subtle instability like most GTA games do.

Brawl's downfall was its so-so story mode, which most found boring and a choir.

And the only thing that saved the story mode from being a complete bust was it pretty cutscenes. If the story mode had been just as fun as the multiplayer, then it would have been worthy of a 10/10 rating IMO.

A game can't go on 1P vs 3 CPU forever. It needs more replay value.

Brawl didn't even beat Ocarina of Time's average on Gamerankings. GTA4 did.

Also lol rank scaling.

Not sure why I spoiler'd this. I'm sick of GTA4's hype as much as everyone else was sick of Brawl's hype. Fans ruin everything for me and the only way I can enjoy video games is if I seclude myself from the rest of the world.

Gee it sure is Neku around here.

Lets hope he doesn't advocate a second holocaust then.

EDIT: This post sucks, the joke is horrible, it's borderline non-sequiturial... I'm... I'm sorry, this just isn't how I thought it would turn out. I don't feel good about it at all. Lets go back to discussing GTA4.

My friend says he played free roam mode the other day... I was talking with 2D about this a little while ago and we both were sort of hypothesizing on how fun it would truly be. The actual goal-based game modes have much to offer, I imagine, but free roam seems a bit dry. Now you can play GTA4 at the same time instead of taking turns with your friends! Great? I don't really know. The ceaseless ramping off of objects and murder sprees grew really old in single player, and I don't imagine that having another player doing the exact same things as you would add to the fun factor, but oh well. Ralphy tells me MTA was a jolly good romp back in the day, so I guess if this free roam mode plays similarly, then the same might hold true for it.

I'm always right about everything. I've told you guys this like...eighty times already. If everyone just agrees with me the world would have way less conflict and everyone would get along. Total Utopia, I swear.

My first act as Supreme Dictator of Everything would be the exile of furries. They could have their own little island away from us, where they can live in peace. Then I'd seal the island is a giant dome like in the Simpsons movie. Win-win.