A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Tropical Beach music

Guest Shadix

Guest Shadix

camp dot misterworm dot net/shadixstash/secludedshore2.mp3

crits? I'm pretty proud of how this is turning out. Tropicalesque song.

----

Original post:

I thought I post a bit of music I've been working with it.

This piece is called Slick and Smooth right now and is one of my main projects to finish.

camp dot misterworm dot net/shadixstash/slick3.mp3

As I mentioned, you've got to fix the piano partiture to avoid the chaotic feel in some parts. Removing it is one option but that leaves a "hole" in the song, it'd be better to rearrange the notes so it mixes better with the main tune.

Other than that, it's got a good beat going on :3

Guest Shadix
Something keeps irking me every couple of seconds. Like the instruments, most notably, the drums and piano, are off-beat/skip a beat. That, and the horns sound like ass.

What program did you make this in? It sounds like loop software.

Well, it is syncopated, however I do not know whether that is really the problem you are addressing or not, because Aerosol already addressed to me some structural issues that are impeding the "beat" of the song, and I have a feeling the velocities are screwed up too.

If you want here is the composition before I went and fucked it up trying to embellish it.

camp dot misterworm dot net/shadixstash/smoothjamrock.mp3

Part 2:

"Boom"

Very liberal remix of a certain song.

camp dot misterworm dot net/shadixstash/boom10.mp3

Be expecting some form of live guitar when that is finished.

Edit: I should also note that the end isn't really attached to the end so to speak, there is like a block of song missing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...