A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Super Mario:Quest for the Mother Star (demo 1 released)

icecapboy

Hello all,

This is a game that I've been working on since Febuary of last year. It's a Mario fangame. In this game Mario & Luigi have wondered what their parents looked like and it has been a long time since Mario & Luigi last saw their parents. A star called the Mother Star falls from the sky every 200 years but it broke while on impact and now Mario & Luigi must find the four pieces to the mother star and ask their wish. Here's some screenies...

marioscreen2yg9.png

marioscreen8bb4.png

marioscreen1bk2.png

Here's is the link to my game on my YoyoGames Page

http://www.yoyogames.com/games/show/27581

Sorry about my site, it's being a butt right now!

Very professional indeed.

A couple of little things. I take it the goombas can't hurt you yet, and you know about this?

Also, the friction in Marios movement seems a bit low. Meaning that he seems to slide for too long after you let go of a direction. Something about the speed / acceleration doesn't seem quite right, but it's pretty close.

There was also one point where I managed to walk through a koopa about halfway, and then jump, and I didn't get hurt but the koopa did. Just a little bug, nothing too huge.

All in all, very very well done engine so far, congrats.

Screeeeen shots

Sorry about that, I did put them up but the place I put my site (sitesled.com) is being a butt right now, but once the main site is up you should see the screenies.

For you other guys, thanks for you comments, it was really tough to put this together, especially fixing most of the glitches.