A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

A spot of bad news... (and good)

Ayling

Yeah, so I shut my computer down and I got the blue screen of death. Sonething about the added hard drive, and it having a problem. The last time this happened, our computer was out for about a month.

So how is this a problem? I'm still posting right? Well here's how(not a problem now)-

Although I can read and post here, I can only do it via Wii and library computer. I'm not sure the library policy on the use of USBs, but if I can't plug them in here, looks like I can't update SRA for a long time. Even once it gets set up, you know parents. It's obviously my fault. I'm lobbying for a $50 chip for my ME, one that lets me run Verizon Yahoo!, but my parents won't let me get one, saying I'd never come down. :tbored:

So, brand new news(got a call)- I'll need to move my computer downstairs, and get the chip (out of my pocket, but meh) and be set up on the internet in the basement. I wonder if ME will handle Verizon Fios. Anyone know if fios is ME compatible?

Wish me luck!

-Aylingling

• Like 1

Are you kidding me? You're running Millennium Edition?! Get that shit off your computer now. If you're having BSOD problems as it is, you might as well upgrade to 2000. It'll run fine on whatever specs your comp has and won't be a steaming pile of shit, either.

And yes, there shouldn't be any reason why FiOS couldn't "work" with any operating system; it's a fucking broadband connection. Unless you don't have a bloody Ethernet port, you shouldn't experience any problems.

Here's what I meant- Our XP crashed for *Insert reason*. I've been using ME since my parents got XP. ME was the previous comoute. I'm gonna have to use ME for internet.

And is it still possible to buy XP as an OS on a disk? If so, how much, and would I need to back all my files up? It might be cheaper to buy a little laptop then.