A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Well, since we're on the topic..

twodee

What would you like to see in a community? Not just in a forum, but a website as a whole? Keep in mind, it would be based around video games and the culture surrounding it, but feel free to speak your mind.

- What kind of content?

- How often do you seek updates?

- How do you want administration to be taken care of (forum wise & site wise)

Content: Something to keep me busy. The same content we have now, only more.

Updates: Regular updates (Not at a set date and time, but not spaces weeks apart).

Administration: Present. I want admins to keep the site up, set rules and keep them. Spice up the site now and then to keep things fresh.

I want a damn video game musician site. A repository for sheet music, tabs, midis, arrangements, tutorials, remixes, lyrics, samples, anything useful to someone who's into video game music. I was planning on discussing the idea over at OCR, but I haven't particularly had the time nor really care to want to commit myself to webmastering again.

I've had the idea for a while now, and originally I was thinking to have a Sonic specific community, however by doing that might cramp the prospective traffic the site would have, as I doubt there are enough semi-serious musicians in the community that would care that much about just Sonic.

I've had the idea for a while now, and originally I was thinking to have a Sonic specific community, however by doing that might cramp the prospective traffic the site would have, as I doubt there are enough semi-serious musicians in the community that would care that much about just Sonic.

Focus on sonic first, and as people start branching out and doing their own favorites you can broaden the focus, maybe change up the site a bit.

I love this forum's "only what's needed plus a little trimming just to show we're here" approach to administration/moderation. But it's so easy for life to make 2 good and active mods disappear with good reason, so I'm not saying SFGHQ doesn't need/deserve new mods/admins.

Updates as content dictates. Ideally, there'd be a nice influx of content, maybe with sparse periods now and again. As for content type, anything productive. Communities with no purpose but to admire professional work are so boring.