A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Super Sonic Galaxy Tech Demo

PwnageMage

Yeah, it's an early demo of what's to come.

screenshot104-1.jpg

Basically, I would like to know the glitches you find in this demo except the following:

Slight hovering

Next version will include:

Some gimmicks such as moving platforms and jump through platforms

background

better looking planets and variation in size

Controls:

Arrow keys move

Space bar jumps

I attached the demo to this post. Thanks for playing!

SonicGalaxy.zip

Jumping around in polar coordinates feels a tad too artificial for Sonic game-play. If you're running fast, you should sorta escape gravity for a brief period of time by not changing the direction of your speed based on your direction from the center of the planet, but just the direction gravity is pulling.

Oh well, neat example and switching planet influence is handled pretty well.

I'm gonna discover the source of the wierd turn around tihng. I'll just make myself a debug mode to see how the variable is reacting. Well, Sonic just finds the nearest planet and goes to it so that's why your able to screw around with it like that. And yes TRD, I did code this all by myself. I completely forgot about the treasure hunting levels in SA2/Battle. Sadly, my bro is on the computer where I do all the coding(since my lappy crashed). YoYo Games is hosting a Winter Competition(GMC people can skip this part) and I'm coding a winter game for a prize of $1000. However, I can't tell you the details of the game but I'll work on this game in small quantities.