A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Aria: the chorus sings in harmony (Tutorial/Blog) - NEW Tutorial 6/1

hRook

http://aria.astygmatyzm.com/

I'm going to be completely honest, I don't believe this qualifies as an ordinary site plug. I've been sitting around here for a while watching more and more new composers pop up, and it really does make me smile to think so many more people are getting into composition and whatnot. So, I've decided to start a site on which I can share my knowledge of music, sequencing, and mixing for the betterment of others.

Bulding Your Soundscape - Added 6/1 (Sequencing/Mixing Tutorial)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Guest Shadix
Yeah, I guess me, you, and Rael are the only musicians still here frequently... :(

I guess I don't qualify as a musician then? >\ (Of course only 3 people saw my topics anyways.)

--

Sage: How to construct chord progressions maybe? I've screwed around with this using the logical chord progression box on the wikipedia article but I'm not quite sure how to use iii, vi, and ii to my advantage (or how to use progressions at all in minor keys).

Right now everything I make is just me working around on the keyboard until I find something that sounds halfway decent, but it'd be nice to know a more solid method of figuring this out.