A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Best features of the new forum?

Asuma

"I only get logged out if I go to this board via the main site (so that the SFGHQ thing is on the side of the window.) If I go to the MB's actual URL, I stay logged on. Odd."

Same here, I'm not sure why it happens

I have to agree with mr. smarty though, the edit system rocks something serious.

Why do you hate the spoiler tag? I won't touch the piece of ____ing garbage that is SomethingAwful with a 20 foot internet pole but if you explain it I can probably duplicate it.

And no it isn't odd that cookies only work when viewing the URL direct. Cookies are set by domain, when you view in frame the domain does not match the cookie and it doesn't set. Its simple http.

Well if you have a spoiler in the middle of the sentence, instead of just a black bar going over the spoiler, and if you put your mouse over it, the text shows up, it does something like this:

And then at the end of the movie when

[ everyone dies and their balls fall off ]

i was jumping out of my seat.

Instead of just a smooth:

And then at the end of the movie when [everyone dies and their balls fall off] I was jumping out of my seat.

Guest Shadix

I agree with eraser... I also like how easy quickposting is.

As for worst feature (or lack thereof): The inability to permanently disable smilies. vB's smilies make me want to gag.