A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[contribution/WIP] Tails wip

xhedgehogx

There's a work in progress of Tails following Sonic, no where near perfect. Since I made this video, I made minor tweeks to what was done and made tails less annoying. But I'm still having the problem with the collision. It has to be in sonic worlds' main engine somewhere, I can't find it. I want Tails to go through the player instead of effecting the player to move or get stuck. Can anyone help me with that? Thanks. SOrry if this is in the wrong place. It's based off Sonic RC's tails following sonic tutorial.

I got the idea from Sonic 2, if anyone didn't know. Which is coming out on xbla on the 12th :D

Alright, I'll upload the current code if I can't figure it out. I know that if I got rid of Tails' collision markers, the problem stops.

So something about Tails' collision markers is setting the player's x and y speed to 0.

edit:yeha I've been going at this for about an hour.

I don't know if you figured this out yet, but tails sencers are group 0 and group 0 is somthing sonic collides with. Just get rid of group 0 in all of tails' sencers and problem solved.