A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

'RPFG' Project

GSF

('RPFG' means Role-playing fangame)

This is the project I talked about in the 'Looking for a fan-made Sonic RPG' topic created by Vlad the Vampire.

Currently I am working in the battle engine. I will send one ASAP, after that a beta could be released. Here are some screenies: (the graphics of the battle scenario are bad, I know. It's just for decoration, it will be changed.

Menu Screen and Battle screen:

Send your opinions about the graphics, and once the engine is posted, any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, it is made with MMF2 (don't like RPGM)

The test engine is almost ready. It will have:

>Two allies, Sonic and Tails

>A sub-boss to fight

>4 abilities for each ally to use

>Items to support your characters

>Special attacks

>A decent grass graphic (thanks to Paint.NET, not MS Paint)

>A little secret too

I'll need later some help with the graphics, I'm counting on you guys. As for online playing, a multiplayer mode sounds good.

The boxes are made with Paint.NET's awesome gradient tool, and the grass was made with MMF2's motif backdrop editor in less than 10 seconds. I changed the grass already, don't worry.

Here it is!:tgrin::aparty:

Download available only temporarily!

To unzip, use the following password:

sfgts19746

Enjoy, and remember to leave feedback please!

Explanation

The buttons are called A,B,C and D in the game. They are equal to Fire 1, 2, 3and 4 respectively.

Known issues: If a character fails in following the enemy, it might stay still. I added a function to solve it automatically: Pause the app (ctrl+p) and then unpause, in a matter of seconds, the character's arrow should move again.