A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Guilty Gear: Accent Core

MaxSonic

So the new Guilty Gear is coming out on September 11th. Anyone planning on getting it? I'm planning on picking it up for the Wii. I'll need to get another Classic Controller for multi player, seeing how much the Gamecube controller sucks for 2D fighting games. Hopefully this won't disappoint like Dust Strikers. I'm loving how Dizzy now has an instant kill, being that she's my favorite character in the series. I've been playing Isuka on my PC waiting for this new game to come out.

you all suck at the game though

I'm planning on picking it up for the Wii.

have fun with your shitty control layout

I'm loving how Dizzy now has an instant kill, being that she's my favorite character in the series.

Dizzy was a mistake. the lack of an IK only emphasizes this point. stop playing this game now

I've been playing Isuka on my PC waiting for this new game to come out.

You're an Otaku aren't you? anyone who likes Isuka is obviously an otaku, judging from the completely horridness of the game, which isn't even GG, but just some 2 bit game that happens to have people from another game beat up eachother, in a poorly made enviroment and setting, that has nothing to do with the other game whatsoever, and was only made to grab the quick bucks from any slack jawed fanboy idiot wanting to get at this series because it's fucking pretty.

Holy Order Sol is pretty nice, as I won't have to go play GGXX# in arcades just to play with him.

PC release or who cares

Definitely scooping this up for the ps2, I want perfect controls for this game, as it demands it (playing GGXX#R on the 360 controller is a nightmare for some moves...). I've already given this game a whirl on my friend's modded ps2 and the balances and added characters are a great addition.

Dizzy is lame btw..whoever was all into her. Johnny all the f'in way.

ALSO, never played isuka, had no interest whatsoever.

Arcade-style fighting games are meant to be played on a stick. Period.

This new GG better not suck. I'm not too competitive a GG player though... I just like playing Eddie and Zappa and doing crazy zoning all over the screen. I'm more of a Street Fighter and Soul Calibur player.

Arcade-style fighting games are meant to be played on a stick. Period.

This new GG better not suck. I'm not too competitive a GG player though... I just like playing Eddie and Zappa and doing crazy zoning all over the screen. I'm more of a Street Fighter and Soul Calibur player.

I personally find nothing to be more awkard than an arcade stick. I don't like the feel of the joystick, the way the buttons are usually way spaced out, or any of that business. With a keyboard on the other hand, I can reach all the buttons with a minimal range of motion and can actually put myself in easy access to everything at once.

I'm sure keyboards aren't for everyone, but there is no denying that there is a great deal of speed and precision that you have with a keyboard that you simply can't get from an arcade stick.

I prefer fighting games with an arcade stick. Once you get used to it, you'll notice a huge difference in the control. One of Dizzy's specials (the one where she puts the enemy in a coffin and hits them with some arrows) is pretty difficult to do on a regular game controller. However, when I try my Arcade stick, it's a piece of cake. The Wii will support the classic controller, so that's what I'll use unless I can get my hands on a Gamecube arcade stick. Oh, and Midiman, you don't have to be an ass.

RAWR I'M THE GREATEST ANYONE WHO ISN'T PRO ENOGUH TO PLAY MAH FIGHTAN GAME ISN'T ALLOWED TO BUY IT >:E

Yeah pretty much

Oh, and Midiman, you don't have to be an ass.

I love how you took it all seriously. thanks for proving my point!

Oh and yes, Fighting Stick > Any Other Method Of control. You don't see arcades having Guilty Gear: Accent Core Cabs with PS2 controllers and guncons

Not only do I have a Classic controller, but I know a place to get a Gamecube arcade stick for cheap. I'm even considering decorating it.

Dizzy is my favorite character for two main reasons. One is that I like the whole concept of the character, with one good wing and one evil wing (HEAVEN OR HELL?), and the other is that to me she plays very different from other 2D fighting game characters. Yes, I do play better as Sol Badguy, but I think that I have more fun with Dizzy, especially with her insane special moves. And the reason I got Isuka for PC is because I knew they had X, X2, and Isuka all for PC, so I chose Isuka because I hadn't played before. It's far from my favorite Guilty Gear, but definintly not the worst *coughDustStrikerscough*. I'd like to see them give an Isuka 2 another try, just with more polish. Oh, and I can't wait for a Guilty Gear X3 on 360, with HD sprites. That would push me to buy that system.

It's reassuring to know that I can come to SFGHQ if I'm ever in the mood for battle of the e-peens (or battle of the shit throwing monkeys, it's all the same) thanks.

I'd like to see them give an Isuka 2 another try, just with more polish. Oh, and I can't wait for a Guilty Gear X3 on 360, with HD sprites. That would push me to buy that system.

They have attempted a 2nd isuka, it was on the psp version of GGXX. It blew hard.

And the 360 controller d-pad just isn't suited for fighting games, trust me I know. I actually have to move my finger to the analog stick to put in precise maneuvers mid battle.