A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SFGHQ Pokemon Tournament-BEGINS TODAY

ila

ila             \ Aero
Aero            /

Ashura          \___Ashura       /
VGPU Productions/

Phoenix Gamma   \___Phoenix Gamma\
Super Napalm    /
                                  ___Pheonix Gamma
GamerDude       \___GamerDude    /
TRD             /

Battle for 3rd Place Bracket:

Super Napalm    \
VGPU Productions/

TRD             \
ila/            /

BYE             \	GamerDude
			Ashura/Aero
BYE             /

Basically GD will go up against Ashura/Aero and then the winner of that match will go up againstThe winner of the TRD/ila + VGPU/Napalm match. Get it?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will play another time, when i get my team done.

BTW, i have to complain about thise rules:

Wobuffet is quite easy to kill. If you hare only sweepers it is your problem. Having only damage attacks is not strategy related, it is just a "hit with the stronguest attack", but I though you were defending strategy.

and about double team- luck attacks, i think you are completely wrong. Luck doesn't affect in a good way to the user. Instead, it is a bad factor. You spent one turn in make an attack that (because it depends on luck) you son't know if it is going to work. If you lose against a double team is not that the enemy had luck, is that he used the move in the right moment "and" had luck. Most of the movements doesn't require move. Then you should forbid also movements with low accuracy, because they depends on luck. It is an illogical though.

And about put to sleep. It is the same as above. Why do not forbid paralisys too? it depends on luck. I spent one turn in an attack that i don't know if it is going to work, and most of the pokemon can die in 3 or less turns. Luck is the one who didn't receive the attack, not the one who uses it and works.

The one who regets to lose a battle because of sleep is not the one who receives it, is the one who uses it twice and it doesnt work.

I hope you understand my position.

@Blue Frenzy: Sleep clause in a nutshell

Over-centralization is bad for competition. Forcing people to play such a select few pokemon like that just to be competitive is greatly uncomfortable. There ways to beat everything, but at what cost? Where do we draw the line between what is fun for some and what is fun for everyone? Afterall, the whole point of dividing the real tier (Ubers) with a most controlled standard tier (OU) is to allow greater access to the competitive scene to a wider audience of players.

And to tell you the truth, I'd <3 the opportunity to kick Wobbuffett in the balls, now that DP's made it borderline standard. However, these are the rules for this tournament, and:

Seriously guys, don't complain about the rules.

I think that is kinda stupid. It is like say that your team of 6 electric pokemon cannot defeat a team of 6 ground pokemon. Of course, you are going to face all the possibilities, and if your team cannot handle them all and you fail in one it is because you made the wrong team. and sleep in one of those possibilities.

There are so many ways to fight the attacke. You don't have to have 6 pokemon with sleep talk or insomnia. Having one is good, but there are also another ways, like switch the pokemon in the right moment to a faster and strong pokemon.

Most of the pokemon with sing or hypnosis are weak and can be killed in 1 or 2 strong hits. and most of them are slow. Switch for example to blaziken and use overheat. enemy will probably die and all its turns are missed because, probably it will use dreameater, that it won't work because the switched pokemon is not sleeping and, probably too, the pokemon slept is weak because of the fight against the previous battle, so you can use it as a fodder to avoid damage on a healthy pokemon when switching on battle. The looser: the one who used hypnosys.

Another way is to use a good item in the right pokemon. There are objects that gives attack*1.5 at cost of HP. If the right pokemon has this, the damage could be great. Also there are berries. If instead use a normal object, you use a healing berry, you gain points against that team: you hit lower but, if any status condition is inflicted, you can gain one more turn than your enemy.

If you don't have the berry, then, you team is weak against a team that causes status condition. Is your fault, not the fault of an attack.

BTW, i don't want to change rules, i want to comment them.

TRD: Let us battle later today (Monday) or tomorrow. i'll try to catch you on AIM.

Blue Frenzy: If you're going to complain then I'm just going to flat out ignore you if you want in the next tournament. I'm using rules that have been flat out tested out in most actual tournaments, and that provide a fair enough game. I'm a Wobbuffet and Spiritomb user myself, so I wouldn't mind eliminating the clauses, but for now, tough. Also, remember whose credit card is paying for the prize.