A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Project: SX

Amesuki

Well, the OBJ converter I made in C++ converts files directly to GM3D format, and separates objects in various objs (if you want to have various pieces of scenery on one model and dump then, you can do it on a single program call). I'll attach the converter to my post, no need to give credit.

P.S. Remember the obj files you pass to the program need to be triangulated. Quads aren't supported.

That's a neat tool you've made Damizean! Quite an impressive. How did you figure out how each of these file types of files were encoded?

OBJ file specifications are well known, so I basically followed a documentation for it. For GM3D, it all was a matter of trial and error: the command calls are completely the same in structure and form as the d3d model functions, so I just needed to figure out the identifier for each. By the way, my converter also has a bonus: it circumvents the polygon drawing limit that GM has for each render call. This is basically done splitting the render calls in groups of ~300 triangles. I hope I can get to work on a MD2 converter soon aswell.

Damizean that tool would be great in helping convert. Cheers ^^. I'm still learning the features of using 3D in game makers, so Im reading up on alot of tutorials. I know the Paper Metal Sonic is crap, no need to point out, but I placed him in, just to work on boss collisions. ( I was going to attempt to work on a Rendered Metal Sonic and Fang like the Sonic X-Treme Sprite. Anyway I'll give this modeling ago, also I'm attempting slopes aswell, because it's not a Sonic game without slopes.

Thankies all for your help ^^

-Amesuki

(You might of seen an engine by my friend Wingedwolf, whom also uses Game Maker. His engine is also similar to this, however this is a complete rewrite of it, because I use the block method instead of floor and wall method. (in d3d) )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some odd reason the FPS when people was playing the demo, was very slow (20). Now I am trying to make it go faster, as many types of ways possible. Anyway thats all the news I have so far, for I am on holiday at this current moment.

-Amesuki

• 1 month later...

Right, well Im back, and sorry for a huge delay, but my You Tube and basically everything I had on the E-Net got hacked. (My hotmail got hacked). Anyway, so Im back, alive and well, with some good news. The FPS problem has been solved. Simple Draw Distance (deactiving objects) needed to be add'd in. Now, it runs mostly at 50 or above, (sometimes there is some lag, on my 512mb crappy laptop.) Anyway I'll be posting a new movie and shiz later, because we are trying to create something new out of this. (Maybe human Sonic game, racing, or just a new look.) Anyway stay tune'd.

-Amesuki

Thanks, aye its still going. Anyway just something small, when I work on the new "free" website. This is just a video of a mock stage. It just three paths shown, with different level setups. Anyway it isnt finished, the graphics, needs work, and also the engine. Anyway, here it is:

Project SX: Jade Gully (Paths tests)