A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Nexus Scenery: Animate this, please.

i will tell you the way i do it. Save the pallete. Then, draw all the colours on red, blue, green, yellow, and any colour you want, but all different. Then number them in the order of the current pallete, so, if you changed white with red, red is number one, then, if you used blue for the next lighest colour, blue is number 2.

Then, start again with replacing colour

make a copy of the coloured water for each colour of the pallete. You have the first one so, the next one, you have to colour in this order.

If pallete has 4 colours, from lightest to darkest

number 2

number 3

number 4

number one

next image, starting a number later:

number 3

number 4

number 1

number 2

and then the last frame

number 4

number 1

number 2

number 3

then you will get the whole animation as in the classics.

In this case, i suggest you to delete the white thing in middle.

If pallete has 4 colours, from lightest to darkest

number 2

number 3

number 4

number one

next image, starting a number later:

number 3

number 4

number 1

number 2

and then the last frame

number 4

number 1

number 2

number 3

then you will get the whole animation as in the classics.

In this case, i suggest you to delete the white thing in middle.

Yes...I know this method...very well...

If you didn't read, I'm having a hard time deciding which areas of white to animate, and which ones to leave alone, because they are reflections.

And no, I don't want to delete the white part in the middle, because that is where the water shoots up from. Imagine that the fountain is 3D and picture the water shooting up from the middle. That is what the white part in the middle is.

The main problem is that there is a small transition between water and the white parts. It needs spriting to make it fit.

To make it 3d looking you just need to edit the metal plate under it, that looks plain.

We're not judging the sprite here, we're trying to fix it. Look at the water or just don't post anymore.

I'm asking for help, because of the water. Water. Water. Water.

Show to us. now.

Also, the light source is the center. Because it's mirrored.

Demanding, aren't we? I'll show it when you ask me in a better way.

Also, he used at least 2 palettes of white for the light reflection, some of the white was also the same color white as the foam, all I had to do was use a color mask and voila.

Then I just gave the light reflection a slightly different tone of white and made some edits so it wouldn't interfere with the water foam.

Anyways Slinger, It's almost done, Midi's gonna do some corrections on it and it will be ready later on today.