A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Your Favorite type of music?

A.T.

• 2 weeks later...

@CoN- What's your top favorite game soundtracks that you can just hear from time to time? I'm curious. :3

1. Sonic Adventure 1/DX
2. Spyro the Dragon 2: Gateway to Glimmer/Ripto's Rage.
3. Spyro the Dragon 3: Year of the Dragon
4. Heavy Rain
5: SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2006

• 2 weeks later...

@CoN- What's your top favorite game soundtracks that you can just hear from time to time? I'm curious. :3

I gotta say that I never tire of the Sonic Unleashed soundtrack. I know the game itself had mixed reviews, but I still liked its music. I like how even though its music inspired from around the world, it's still one cohesive sound. I also like the Sonic Generations music since its like a history book of all the good sonic music made thus far. If you like the Sonic Adventure 1 soundtrack I suggest you try listening to the Nights into Dreams album since it has the same vibe.

1. Sonic Adventure 1/DX

2. Spyro the Dragon 2: Gateway to Glimmer/Ripto's Rage.

3. Spyro the Dragon 3: Year of the Dragon

4. Heavy Rain

5: SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2006

Whoa, I forgot I got this message!

I... I actually can't pick favorites. If I had to, though, I'd most likely choose Super Mario Galaxy 2, if only for the Throwback Galaxy. Other contenders include Sonic Rush, Sonic Colors, Kirby's Return to Dream Land and everybody's favorite, Can of Nothing: Project Flash- er, I mean, Sonic After the Sequel!

One sec, I'll organize it into a top 5...

1. Super Mario Galaxy (1 & 2)

2. Sonic Colors

3. Sonic After the Sequel

4. Sonic CD (Japanese)

5. New Super Mario Bros - Call it a weird choice, but the DS game was very innovative in terms of music. Many worlds had their own theme, and the only one to ever be reused was the overworld theme...

My taste in music is a bit odd because of the combination of music I like could not be further apart from one another.

I love video game music, country, techno, J-pop, England Pop, Cartoon Soundtracks and Jimmy buffet (No one said I was a normal person).

My top five favorite Sonic albums are,

1. Sonic Generations

2. Sonic Unleashed

3. Sonic Adventure 2

4. Sonic Colors

5.Sonic Adventure/ Directors Cut

Edited by Neon the Hedgehog

@CoN - It's cool and nice choices, NSMB DS is alright, but I will say that in my opinion that the game is the easiest in the series.
But the OST is alright.

@Neon - Nice selection, but I still say Generations are remixes, but pretty good ones and it's nice to hear them again
Aka, Chemical Plant Zone <3

I guess I could include Crash Bandicoot 2 OST. I like it.

• 2 weeks later...

So Dead Letter Circus just released their new album last week and it's fantastic. It's not out in the US yet, but they have announced US tours and such. Give them a listen? :3 For anyone wondering about the genre, it's mostly melodic rock.

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/syta6bau661wgv1/05_I_Am.mp3
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/56a8bq8417vyz3h/01_The_Cure.mp3
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/l3alxd878zxk6hq/04_Lodestar.mp3

• 2 weeks later...