A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Your Favorite type of music?

A.T.

I decided to make a topic about music, since one hasn't been made and assuming everyone here likes some form of music.  

For me, my favorite music at the moment is Dance, Trance, Electric, and DubStep. I also am a huge fan of all rap and Hip Hop, for the most part.

So let's hear what everyone else likes.

My current favorite artists at the moment are - 

Eminem
Tupac
Deadmau5
Nero
Swedish House Mafia
Afrojack
Wu-Tang
Yo Gotti

• Like 3

I mostly prefer Rock music. It all started when I was introduced to a video game that had heavy metal....

My favourite artists are these three. Please don't judge me D:

Dead Letter Circus

Linkin Park (Minutes to Midnight onward is where they really started to shine)

Nickelback (I've not heard their older stuff since I started with All the Right Reasons, but Here and Now is my favourite album so far)

• Like 1

I mainly like Classic Rock and anything in the Electronic field.

For Classic Rock, I would say my favorites are The Beatles and Queen. I don't know that's the right genre for The Beatles, but what genre do they fit into, really? >:

As for Electronic, I don't have too many specific favorites... besides maybe Falk, KgZ-- pretty much everyone on the BtS/AtS music team. ^_^;

Cash-Cash too.

I mostly prefer Rock music. It all started when I was introduced to a video game that had heavy metal....

My favourite artists are these three. Please don't judge me D:

Dead Letter Circus

Linkin Park (Minutes to Midnight onward is where they really started to shine)

Nickelback (I've not heard their older stuff since I started with All the Right Reasons, but Here and Now is my favourite album so far)

Interesting collection you got there! I use to listen to the same music about 5 or so years ago.

I really just listen to video game music, or anything remotely electronic when I come across it. I'm not big on lyrics, I'm all about the music. There's enough variety in all of it to keep me entertained, plus there's still a ton of great soundtracks out there I haven't listened to. 

Oh, also any groovin' disco I can get my grubby little hands on. 

I really love video game music the most, but I also love classic house music, and many forms of rock. My favorite band of all time is probably Blink 182, but I have many favorite bands such as Journey, Iron Maiden, Seether, and many more. I've currently been obsessed with Blink 182 especially since they just released their new EP called "Dogs Eating Dogs."

As far as video-game music goes, One Final Effort and Never Forget are probably my two favourite tracks from any game ever (Halo 3). The former is fist-pumpingly epic, whilst the latter is just unreasonably powerful and emotive. However, the main theme (Mjolnir mix version especially.) is more than adequate. In terms of game soundtracks in general, however, I do very muich enjoy listening to Bastion, Castle Crashers, Witcher 2 and, of course, Sonic, music.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I listen to a bit of everything, I couldn't say I like one thing in particular. Although my favourite band is Linkin Park, they just keep getting better and better. It also seems that as my tastes alter and change, their music does the same. I have been listening to them since I was a child.

As for music from games, Gears of War, Red Alert, Assassin's Creed and Halo have really great music. Games such as Castle Crashers have awesome music that always makes you smile.

Music from films such as the Lord of the Rings are great too. Also Two Steps from Hell make some amazing music. It really gets your blood flowing and can be quite inspiring I find.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm more of a Rock and Punk person.
Favorite Artist
-Sick Puppies
-Breaking Benjamin
-The Exploited
-The Casualties
-Misfits
-Rise Against
-Sublime
-SubHumans
-30 Seconds to Mars
-Hatsune Miku (Don't judge >_>)
These are pretty much the artist I hear most of the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I come from a radio station, video game music can be my fav, though I do tend to be picky to what kinds. It's mostly SEGA/Sonic based but I do try get into other franchises. Mainstream music I don't have much of preference, except the bit of hip hop, rock, and sort of pop music here anf there.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I tend to listen to various styles of music. Technically, what I listen to is "pop," though I don't understand why ther's a lot of social stigma with that word. Pop is pretty much most music genres in general... just the ones that get really popular. Is that a bad thing?