A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Most memorable Sonic game?

Stritix

What's the most memorable Sonic game to you, and why?

I'd have to go with Sonic Heroes. It's the first Sonic game I've ever played. I came across a PC demo for the game and had to try it out. I really enjoyed it at the time. Then a few months later I picked up the full version, which then got me into checking out the other titles in the series. I have a lot of good memories of playing the game too. Something I can't say I've had a lot of with the other Sonic games in the series.

It's not my favourite Sonic game, but I'd have to say it is the most memorable experience I've had with a Sonic game so far.

My favorite games in the series have always been a tie between Sonic Adventure and Sonic CD, but if we're going for overall memorability, I would have to hand it to the latter. Sonic Adventure was in the era where 3D gaming was just starting to get off the ground, so it wasn't always the most polished at times. The art and direction for Sonic CD was however, in my eyes, absolutely beautiful at all times. Every Zone Round radiated with color and detail, and seeing how those assets changed as you traveled through time was a joy for me.

The music (JP) sounded as good as the art looked, if not better. The compositions were dynamic and very engaging; like the art, it was amazing to hear how it changed to represent your current time zone. For all of the thought and love that went into the game's design, it sticks out for me as the most memorable in the series.

Probably Sonic 1 since it was the first game of the series and the first Sonic game I ever played. S3&K and Sonic Adventure are also very memorable. S3&K introduced Knuckles who is my favorite character and the game is also my favorite 2D game in the series. Sonic Adventure was the first game I got to play on the Dreamcast which is my favorite console of all time and the game is my overall favorite 3D Sonic title.

Mine is defintely Sonic the Hedgehog as it was the game that not only got me into the series, but got me into video games at the young age of 4. I remember a time where I couldn't make it past Green Hill Zone and when I finally did I was so happy, until I saw the lava in Marble Zone. xD I remember when my cousins told me the level select code and I kept it in my memory still to this day I know that code by heart. After they told me the code I went straight to Final Zone, that was a HUGE mistake at the time. :V

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Reason why is that of how no matter what kind of stages it has,
The type of music it plays,
And the challenges ahead,
I could always replay the game in any mood i'm in.
The OST is so catchy I could listen to it all day
And when it does play, I remember of all the good times I played it when I was little,
The level design still looks great
The Blue Sphere Emerald game was really challenging,
But it's somehow addicting to play.
These were some reasons I'd think this game was memorable.
Sorry if I didn't give any reasons before ^^;

Edited by BlurProdOG
  • Like 1

Mine would be Sonic 1.

Ahhhh, Sonic 1...

How i love thee

When we were kids, we would ALWAYS watch my dad beat Sonic 1. I don't know what it was about it, but me, my brother and sisters would all sit around watching my Dad play Sonic 1, and man do I love it. There is no Sonic game I have played so often, besides maybe Sonic Heroes.

I know my sisters and Mum have an attachment to Sonic 1 for the GameGear, and although I like it I never got any attachment to it, they used to play it more than me, and it was too difficult for my child brain to comprehend. Waaaayyy too difficult.

Heroes is always on my list. As a older child, Heroes was my first 3D Sonic game, and I love it for what it is, and it still is I currently have 2 copies of heroes, 1 for PS2 and 1 for GC (the PS2 is my childhood copy, the GC is the update I made later on), both of which are in my GC and PS2 respectively.

My Second 3D game was ShTH. No attachment there....

• 4 weeks later...

Mine would have to be Sonic Advance 3!
It my first Sonic game and made my hooked for the series! I just love it so much!
The soundtrack. Oh God the soundtrack. I can't even describe it. It's just so good!
I like the titles they give you depending on the characters you choose. I thought that was pretty cool!
The level design was okay just that sometimes it would get a bit too crazy.
Other then that this was my most memorable Sonic game.

• 1 month later...

I've played a few Sonic games I was a kid, but I didn't become a fan until Sonic Colors, where I saw the fun gameplay elements mixed with enjoyable dialogue and SPECTACULAR artwork. I'm pretty sure when I saw this photo in the trailer after playing it at a friend's house I was hooked.

Sonic-Colors-Launch-Trailer_1.jpg

Edited by OHOHO1227