A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The Transformers Movie Extravaganza Topic

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait.. what? I completely don't understand what you're saying. You're upset because some people on some game named their characters after something they like? o.O;;

Online gaming is usually my last bastion of multiplayer fun without references to overhyped games/movies. RtCW is usually the last game like that to get inundated with said references. It's not that the act ticks me off, it's just that when it shows up there (where it makes no sense at all to do it) it makes my interest in the whole thing burn out that much quicker.

As for the topic derailment, I never meant that to happen. I was just explaining the background to my opinion because I felt it would show the difference in my thinking of "popular" and "too popular". That much has been done (I hope), and you'll prolly not hear from me in this topic for a while. I've already said all that I felt needed to be said for now.

More like it's too popular. Moderation is the key. If I'm playing Return to Castle Wolfenstein online and my HUD starts filling with character names from something that isn't World War 2 related, it's going too far. Actual event: I hear a teammate call for health and start rushing to him, taking out an enemy on the way (named Legolas) with a little help (from Gimli), get asked for ammo from Megatron, then finally drop the health packs off for the wounded teammate, Sephiroth. LotR1 had just hit theatres.

So, do you hate FF, LotR and Transformers then? Because according to your "too-popular" logic and your hatred for anything that goes outside of its own community, this seems the case.

More like it's too popular. Moderation is the key. If I'm playing Return to Castle Wolfenstein online and my HUD starts filling with character names from something that isn't World War 2 related, it's going too far. Actual event: I hear a teammate call for health and start rushing to him, taking out an enemy on the way (named Legolas) with a little help (from Gimli), get asked for ammo from Megatron, then finally drop the health packs off for the wounded teammate, Sephiroth. LotR1 had just hit theatres.

Moreover, how does one control how popular something gets? Your reasoning seems rediculous. Are you meaning to tell me that if you find something you really love [When it's nice and early, fresh and new] and it gains all this hype and attention, your dumb reasoning will make you not like it? Way to be an individual, a-hole. Your opinion should be based on your likes and not driven by others around you.

emot-v.gif @ Above.

I'm trying to rack up money to go see this with friends. it would just be so entertaining, watching robot's own the hell out of eachother in cities.

that and well, I am a big sucker for CGI. I am just worried that the old characters that I used to recognize will be completely different.

Kinda like Pimp My Ride, but for Transformers instead of Cars.

Streak: marketing. You can control that. And yes, it's possible for something to become oversaturated. It's how the hip new thing becomes a fad of the past.

At least it's not like Pirates 3, though. Sunny D is making ads about pirates (in general, not the movie), some restaurant had an ad with pirates, and THEN you have the official ads, cross promos (was it the Sudan that had some big Pirates contest sponsered by Disney?), Forum jackasses with Jack Spearow avs, etc.

A whole bunch of movies and the like that are heavily marketed don't become popular. You can market something to hell and back and it won't make a difference if it's not what people want. Like you said, you can control marketing. That doesn't exactly mean you can control the resulting popularity.

And the internet in general is generally not a place to escape that sort of thing. If you think it is, you're kind of looking in the wrong place. >.>

Yes, but we all know Optimus Prime could kick Jack Sparrow's pirate ass. Anywho, I'm looking forward to this movie quite a bit. I've always loved robots, and have been a transformers fan since Beast Wars. I still have all my toys packed away too. Anyone remember Optimal Optimus? I recently got to watch the original Transformers movie, and I just wished it was more serious. I think this movie is sort of like them trying to make something for the fans who grew up. Oh, and I love how when Optimus transforms in the trailer, you here the classic transformation sound.

So this movie is going to be big. Not just big big, but colossal big. Bigger than Spider-Man 3, Shrek 3 (ew), and... well I don't think it will have more hype than Pirates 3 got, but still. The CG is jaw-dropping, and the tiny bits of action you see in the trailers make you ejaculate. Don't lie.

Lets start the party off with a bang, the movie's theme song.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32910

[qimg]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p5/WalkerJay_2006/2007Prime.jpg[/qimg]

[qimg]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p5/WalkerJay_2006/BackofPrime.jpg[/qimg]

[qimg]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p5/WalkerJay_2006/Megatron.jpg[/qimg]

Amount of money that goes into a movie doesnt assure its greatness.

Although im pretty sure this will be pretty awesome. Not Pirates 3 awesome, but pretty awesome.

A whole bunch of movies and the like that are heavily marketed don't become popular. You can market something to hell and back and it won't make a difference if it's not what people want. Like you said, you can control marketing. That doesn't exactly mean you can control the resulting popularity.

And the internet in general is generally not a place to escape that sort of thing. If you think it is, you're kind of looking in the wrong place. >.>

I agree. Thats like saying you want to be alone on the internet.

GO CRY IN A CLOSET THEN, ANTI-POPULARIDOUCHE

I hate when mods edit my posts to make me look like an illiterate dillhole.

=]

Well, I'm getting ready for this movie. I'm going to try to go see it the day it comes out. I've even gone and bought some transformers figures for my figure collection, and changed my computer theme to transformers. When you start up, you here the transformation sound, and when you shut down, Optimus talks.

My Figures

My desktop

I guarntee you all its not NEARLY going to be worth the hype you all are outputting.

I mean, it looks cool, but movies like this usually never really deliver a lasting impact on me. But maybe thats because i never really thought Transformers were that cool back then. Giant animals that turn into cars?

Great show though, i hope this movie is actully worth seeing though.

Guest Shadix

unfortunately all trailers do is distort the movie in an attempt to appeal to the mainstream American moviegoer.

Don't judge the movie on the trailers, usually you end up being wrong (or intentionally deceived, like that Adam Sandler movie Click, that ended up being uber dramatic.)

Alright, alright, alot of different opinions. Since the first post was whoring the movie, lets switch it around. I-Mockery already gathered up research to prove that the new Transformers movie is actually going to suck. Lets see:

· In the original series, Bumblebee was named such because he was a yellow Volkswagen "bug". In the movie, he's a Camaro, and he's called Bumblebee because of his eccentric hobby of beekeeping.

· In the beginning of the film, Optimus Prime has amnesia, and the rest of the Autobots discover him in a gay biker bar, heading up a biker gang called the Hell's Belles.

· In the original series, Megatron transformed into a Walther P38 pistol. In the movie, he transforms into a pink tyrannosaurus rex holding a squirt gun.

· In the original series, the Transformers were always on a quest for Energon, the life-granting fuel that gives them sustenance. In the movie, they're on a quest for Transformers the Movie Collectible Trading Cards! COLLECT 'EM ALL!

· Originally, Soundwave was a cassette player. In the film, he's an iPod, and oldschool cassettes like Ravage and Laserbeak are now fictional hair-metal bands, whose raucous rockin' tunes cause the Autobots to short circuit.

· In the climax of the film, Optimus Prime doesn't even fight Megatron in an epic battle to save humanity. Instead he tags human Ellen Ripley, who climbs into a dock loader and throws Megatron out the airlock.

· There is a disturbing lack of Weird Al music in the live-action movie. Surprisingly however, they do have Stan Bush. In fact, he's actually going to perform a song in the movie, and his guitar is going to transform into a rockin' little robot that kicks Starscream in the keister and chases him off stage.

· In a tribute to the men and women who perished in the attack on the World Trade Center, Fortress Maximus now transforms into twin towers.

Bad idea... especially with all those Decepticons that turn into flying planes 'n all.

The new Fort Max?

· In the live-action movie, Optimus Prime has gay flames painted on his chassis. This is actually a "tattoo", and early in the film he is seen grimacing in a tattoo parlor while a burly, hairy leather-clad bald guy lets him have it with the tattoo needle.

· Michael Bay.

· In the film, Autobot Jazz listens to hip-hop music, and in his robot mode he looks remarkably like Eminem.

· All of the Decepticons in the film look like Insecticons, the most harmless and cuddly Decepticon sub-group from the old cartoon.

· Four of these items are actually true (this is not one of them).

· Michael Bay was so ignorant of the Transformers franchise when he took on the project that Voltron will actually make an appearance in the film as an Autobot.

· Megatron used to be a happy-go-lucky, carefree Autobot named Megafun, until being struck by lighting, an event that fried his morality processor and instantly transformed him into a twisted being of pure evil.

· In the post-9/11 world, it was decided that having any Decepticons transform into planes was highly inappropriate. Therefore, Starscream was changed from an F-15 into a less menacing hot air balloon.

· The Dinobots actually do make a brief appearance in the movie, but it's revealed that thanks to their rather conspicuous status of being dinosaurs rather than vehicles, they are forced to remain undercover working at the Universal Studios "Jurassic Park Experience".

· Did you miss the part where it's a live-action movie based on a popular cartoon and toy-line of the 80s?

In a shocking twist at the end of the movie, the audience learns that the Transformers aren't really from outer space at all, but are rather a top secret military project of the US government gone out of control.

· Starscream now has some serious competition for the title of least-trustworthy Decepticon, in the form of a new character named Corpsebucket, who transforms into a hearse.

· In an effort to infuse some serious emotional drama into the script, Ratchet, the Autobot medic, gets addicted to painkillers.

· Thanks to fan support, original voice actor Peter Cullen is going to reprise his role as Autobot leader Optimus Prime. In a follow-up decision baffling everyone, original Megatron voice actor Frank Welker has been replaced by Gilbert Gottfried.

· The filmmakers really wanted to include the character Grimlock in the movie, but they didn't want another tyrannosaurus (after Megatron), so they decided to change him into a horse named Buttercup. They assure fans however, that though is appearance may be different, his personality will be unaltered.

· Megatron's face looks like a pocket pussy.

ME LOVE YOU LONG TIME!

Okay, so I wouldn't stick my dick in it, but come on... you know someone would.

· In the cartoon, the Transformers impossibly shifted and changed mass as they went from vechicle to robot mode, but the filmmakers wanted to approach that from a more realistic angle. This is why Optimus Prime's trailer no longer disappears into thin air as in the cartoon, and it also explains why he has one really fat leg.

· Ironhide is outed as a cross-dresser halfway through the film, and he actually fights the final battle wearing a red sequin gown specially made out of a circus tent.

· Female Autobot Arcee is in the movie, and she transforms into a cola vending machine (guess which brand), which is the perfect cover, because she infiltrates a military base and no one pays her the least bit of attention or shows any interest in her whatsoever.

· Instead of having the Autobot Matrix of Leadership housed inside his chest, Optimus Prime's innards are home to the Allspark, which is basically just a giant disco ball that all the Transformers happen to think is quite pretty.

· There are two new Autobot characters introduced for comic relief: a golden prissy bot who complains a lot, and a short stumpy one who can only talk in a series of beeps. Appropriately, they combine to transform into a powervac because they totally suck.

· On opening night only, during the end credits, the theater itself is going to transform into a giant rocket, launching the audience into space, causing them to brutally murder each other as they succumb to the horrific effects of space madness. Or I mean, that's what would happen if they didn't freeze and explode long before getting to that stage.