A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Good news for SNK fans.

Klonoa

After commas, you need a space. Makes reading so much easier.

I'm not a huge fan of fighters but I don't detest it. I have a few friends who are big on fighters who might wanna know this though.

also source?

The only ones I care about are the last two (NGBC and KOF XI). They should have been in American stores ages ago, the lazy bastards. And where is KOF XII, already?

Oh, and Midiman, NGBC has Kizuna Encounter characters in it, if it's any consolation. As a matter of fact, Shishioh is one of the bosses.

well, the story behind these games not coming out for so long is pretty complicated. basically sony said that they want no 2d games for ps2 unless they are at a budget price, and snkp didn't think their games were worth budget prices. now that these games are now at budget prices in japan, snkp has no more reservations about releasing them in america.

its unlikely that the console-only bugs in of ngbc and kofxi will be fixed, but they could at least fix the translation of ngbc (european ngbc had some pretty weird/untranslated win quotes, and some character endings were cut altogether).

I feel your pain, Midi.The only game I've played on a NeoGeo emulator that was anywhere near as fun as Kizuna Encounter was Savage Reign (followed very closely by SamSho 2).

Having the characters from it in a collection game is nice and all, but it's not the same thing as playing the original. Maybe it's just me knowing I'll be tripping over the wave of nostalgia and wanting to cry, but I'd love to have stand-alone copies of KE and SR.

I feel your pain, Midi.The only game I've played on a NeoGeo emulator that was anywhere near as fun as Kizuna Encounter was Savage Reign (followed very closely by SamSho 2).

Having the characters from it in a collection game is nice and all, but it's not the same thing as playing the original. Maybe it's just me knowing I'll be tripping over the wave of nostalgia and wanting to cry, but I'd love to have stand-alone copies of KE and SR.

a kizuna encounter collection should be available soon in japan.

This both gives me hope and makes me want to cry. I'm nowhere near Japan and my PS2 isn't equipped to understand foreign discs, but if it's being made that means there's a chance (even a small one) that it might see light of day over here.

well, the story behind these games not coming out for so long is pretty complicated. basically sony said that they want no 2d games for ps2 unless they are at a budget price, and snkp didn't think their games were worth budget prices. now that these games are now at budget prices in japan, snkp has no more reservations about releasing them in america.

its unlikely that the console-only bugs in of ngbc and kofxi will be fixed, but they could at least fix the translation of ngbc (european ngbc had some pretty weird/untranslated win quotes, and some character endings were cut altogether).

Well SNK has always been well known for there wonderful engrish. I like SNK more than capcom when it comes to 2d fighters. At least SNK still makes 2d fighters. I'm still waitin' for the day when Street Fighter 4 is made...but that probably won't happen.

Well SNK has always been well known for there wonderful engrish. I like SNK more than capcom when it comes to 2d fighters. At least SNK still makes 2d fighters. I'm still waitin' for the day when Street Fighter 4 is made...but that probably won't happen.

its not the engrish that bothed me. its the amount of untranslated content. like i said before, euro ngbc had half the winquotes missing, as well as the character endings.

Oddly enough, considering how horrible I am at fighters ( lol buttontwitching ), I still favor Kizuna Encounter for it's gameplay, and tag system

Oh do tell!

Oh, and Midiman, NGBC has Kizuna Encounter characters in it, if it's any consolation. As a matter of fact, Shishioh is one of the bosses.

It's a consolation, but to me, that's like playing Ryu with Axl-Low in mugen: it just doesn't "feel" right.[/nitpick]