A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Spider-Man 3

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that they could do that. After the drama of the spiderman trilogy though, I think Ultimate Spiderman would have to be comical. We can't have a 15 year old running around being a grownup now can we?

Okay, just saw it.

My verdict?

Fucking awesome.

The fights were just awesome. I think Venom was the coolest part of the movie, although i do agree that i would like to see more of him.

And the Tounge thing he does.

Its really a shame there wont be a Spiderman 4, but i guess 3 is enough. Anything after 3 usually results in Fail.

I think Maguire did great in this movie. The "other" peter scenes were hillarious and awesome at the same time, and im extremely impressed at the amount of fighting they got them to do without the suits on.

And the final battle was just....wow.

That was 3.5 hours of greatness, and DAMN was it great.

All i want now is Pirates 3.

Hey, was anyone else kinda amazed on how freaking evil peter got? I actully was kind of amazed during that fight when he hurled that bomb back at harry's face. Amazing how he diddnt end up in pieces, though. >_>

Also, i wonder how much money went into the CG on this movie. (Venom's CG scenes were fucking amazing to watch.)

Edit:

And i hope to god they keep quiet on the Spiderman Series now. We dont need any spinoffs with different cast members, becasue they NEVER are good. Ever. Thats like trying to make another Pirates movie without Johnny Depp.

Best. Spiderman. Eva.

The only problem I had with it, was that they barely/didn't explain the symbiote enough. As a matter of fact, wasn't Jamesons son suppose to be in that arc? On a space expodition? Crashing back to earth? With the goo attached?

Hearing that the director didn't like the symbiote story, Its quite clear now that he just threw Venom in there to feed the hungry fanboys/girls mouthes. I mean its friggin Venom.

Also Eddie didn't get enough face time either, and I think he was being even more emo than Peter was. The only time he was fully out of the suit ( in cognito) was when he picked up Mary Jane in the cab, which was about 10 seconds.

And does anyone agree with me when I say that Mary Jane was being a needy little b**ch? Guess she was the "drama" part.

Anyways, saw it, loved it and would watch it again.

Ultimate Spiderman.

No.

The only thing I didn't like in the movie was the time they used to explain things. I mean we have a 2-3 hour movie here. With that much time, they could've explained the symbiote's origins, AND a nice lengthy time with Venom. Instead they focused 60% of the movie with Emo Pete, Harry being a deedeedee from hitting his head, and Maryjane PMSing.

Don't get me wrong, ALL long movies abuse their powers. I mean, the first hour of King Kong was on a fucking boat.

I wasn't impressed at all personally. Honestly? I think the movie was average at best. I've got some real problems with this movie.

First of all? MJ is a horrendous bitch. She's a fucking idiot in this movie, seriously. "OMG MY CAREER AS A BROADWAY STAR ISN'T GOING SO WELL!" was all she fucking whined about. And when Peter tried to be SUPPORTIVE and UNDERSTANDING, she acts like he's being a dick wad and that her life is fucking over. She treats him like shit, even though all he does is try his best to be there for her.

EXCUSE ME?

Who's the guy who gets beat up by monsters, cut up by maniacs, stabbed by demented robots, burned by exploding bombs and to top it all off, lives in a fucking shack that's literally falling apart? While trying to keep a fucking FREELANCE career as photographer together? Who the FUCK is SHE to be fucking FREAKING OUT AT HIM for being SUPPORTIVE?! What, oh, he compares it to the flak he got as Spider-man and that's some huge crime? Somehow, I'd think running around dodging bullets and fighting people trying to KILL you is, a BIT rougher than being a fucking BROADWAY STAR! (just a little bit) Her with her nice, hard wood floored condo, has the nerve to act like HE'S being insensitive to HER feelings? SHE HAS IT MADE! Most people don't even get a CHANCE at broad way! It's not Peter's fault that SHE fucked it up. What kind of fucking whore would act that way? Spoiled fucking bitch. He should of left her to die. She deserved it.

Then there's Venom. Venom was ruined, not because he talked, but from his voice. What the hell was that shit? Why did he sound like Eddie Brock, even when the costume was over his face? Do you really envision that big, monstrous looking mother fucker, to sound like some preppy college kid? Fuck that shit. Venom is supposed to have a rasping evil voice and is supposed to refer to himself as "we" and shit. Then of course, they kill him off at the end, but Sandman gets to go home. What kind of stupidity is that? Oh and he just HAPPENS to know about MJ, even though, IIRC, they NEVER EVEN MET (in the movie)?! Not to mention no one notices that Spidey's saved the same girl several times now and it's always her being held hostage? What the hell is that about?

Next, we have how the symbiote showed up in the first place. COME ON! Fucking space meteor just HAPPENS to land RIGHT NEXT TO FUCKING SPIDER-MAN!? Are you telling me that, just because he was kissing, he didn't notice some FLAMING BALL OF FUCKING DOOM FALLING OUT OF THE SKY AND CRASHING INTO THE EARTH?! Last I checked, when flaming balls of fucking doom fall out of the sky and crash into the Earth, it's VERY, VERY, LOUD! Not to mention astronomers are all over that kind of shit, they'd of investigated the meteor landing for sure. Or did they some how not notice it with their high tech radar equipment and massively powerful telescopes already focused on the meteor shower?

What they SHOULD OF DONE, is have a team of scientists investigate a crashed meteor and find the symbiote and capture it. News explodes with discovery of alien life form, yadda yadda yadda. A villain or common thug steals it, thinking to sell it for huge bucks and Spider-man stops them, only to be covered with the symbiote in the middle of the fight. But NO! They instead rely on some OBSCENE plot device that is so INSANELY improbable it hurts my brain. Don't say, "Well it's a movie" either, because I just explained a better way of doing it, that makes perfect sense, fits with the theme and is at least half ass explanatory of why Spider-Man and the symbiote even end up in the same fucking place. They had time for repeating the EXACT SAME emo dialog between MJ and Peter SIX FUCKING TIMES, but not five minutes for something like this? Bullshit.

Oh and of course, there's the fact that they kill Harry. Ok, that makes a lot of fucking sense. Not to mention his butler. Let me get this straight, ALL THIS TIME, the butler has KNOWN that Harry's real father died by the blade of his own glider. So he's been content to watch Harry suffer and pour his entire life, his very existence, into a demented scheme to get revenge, all the while risking his life trying to MURDER a national hero. Then all of a sudden he comes along and goes, "HEY HARRY! BTW! YOU KNOW EVERYTHING YOU BELIEVE IN AND HAVE BEEN LIVING FOR ALL THIS TIME? YA, THAT'S A BUNCH OF BULLSHIT! GUESS I FORGOT TO TELL YOU THAT! SORRY! KTHX!" So Harry finally learns the truth and takes off to do battle against the forces of evil... then they kill him. Gee, okay...

HEY GUYS! LET'S TAKE THE ONGOING PLOT WE EXPANDED UPON AND DEVELOPED OVER THE COURSE OF THESE MOVIES AND DESTROY IT FOR NO REASON AT THE VERY END OF THE THIRD! THAT'D BE GREAT!

Finally, we come to dear old Sandman. Why was he even there? Was he really necessary? All I saw him actually do, is be there to draw Spider-Man and GG out to the tower, because there's 2 vs 1. Otherwise he had absolutely NO impact on the story, AT ALL! They could of removed him from the story entirely and the movie would of actually been better for it, since he doesn't even DO ANYTHING THE WHOLE TIME! He was there as an excuse to pour millions of dollars into special effects that weren't even the least bit impressive. We already did this shit before guys. It was called "The Mummy". Oh, unless you mean the whole Ben Parker thing. Yeah, that was real necessary wasn't it? Except Sandman just goes home in the end and Peter forgives him, making that entire plot line pointless and unnecessary.

Then there's the huge degrading of the black suit's awesome. Where were all the great abilities that it grants? They hardly imply and don't even mention that the suit gives Spidey a HUGE increase in strength, speed and power. Not to mention they neglect the fact that the suit can change appearance into any sort of clothing desired. Instead of Peter going into that store and buying a suit, they could of just as easily had it turn into the suit. Which would of been much cooler and over all, way better. They could of used the obscene special effects budget they wasted on Sandman for it and it would of been a much better use of the money IMO. Not to mention that apparently, the suit doesn't regenerate when spidey gets cut. No, there's still holes in the costume and shit exposing the wounds. But when Parker starts pulling it off, it has no problem trying to reform and repair itself. Yeah, okay, can we say plot hole anyone?

This movie is average and nothing else. It's got some nice fight scenes, the occassional cool or fun scene, but there is no plot or story worth while what so ever. The story line sucks ass and makes practically no god damn sense. The script writer ought to be shot or at least beaten over the head, because the writing in this movie was a god damn travesty. Great action, all 15 minutes of it. The rest is shit and ought to burn IMO. Don't be tricked by dazzling effects and a couple cool action scenes into thinking this movie was some master piece.

Is it worth seeing? Meh, perhaps, if you've got 10 bucks to easily throw away no problem. Otherwise? Wait for it to show up on cable tv folks.

Score:

Story: 2/10

Effects: 7/10

Action choreography: 9/10

Pacing: 3/10

Overall: 5/10

I love you PC0. I woke up this morning after falling asleep on the couch. Lawl @ dancing emo peter.

Also, IIRC, Eddie Brock is supposed to be the broken mirror of Peter. That's the big fucking thing, and noone really even mentions it in the movie. Adurr Hurr Hurrr. Then they killed Eddie and Venom. So I guess the fact that Venom has his own SAGA means he only gets a few minutes of screentime before blowing up. Adurr hurr hurr.

Noone likes Sandman in this movie. Noone. He's there to fuel Peter's lust for revenge, and at the end of the movie, he just says "btw, I didn't MEAN to kill your father. It was an accident ;_;" and Peter says "I forgive you :-*" and then Sandman blows away. Mind you, this was immediately after Sandman was about to PUMMEL THE SHIT out of Spiderman. 'Kay.

I dont remember Peter EVER being "EMO", per say.

He had the hairdo, but he was more conceded and dickfaced than ever. He was just a huge dick to everyone.

Mary Jane wasnt being a Bitch, she was just having a really fucked up life. (I was laughing through the movie about how shes gonna end up commiting Suicide by the end of the movie.) She felt that way because Peter OBVIOUSLY doesnt really mind having to fight all those people because a) hes most likely going to win, and B) the payoff of the city loving his ass completely just gives him a hard-on.

And i hope you all diddnt REALLY expect Venom to be exactly like he was in the comics. The way they did him was awesome enough. He was freaking Creepy, for one, and yes his voice DID change when he was fully in the suit.

Besides that, most of the problems you all have with this movie (if there really were any, god) is that the Storyline isnt EXACTLY like it was in the comics, or like you expected them to be able to cover EVERYTHING within a 3 hour peroid.

Its just not possible.

The way everything happened was very Comic-book like. It just diddnt look right because it was in Movie Form and other shit was going on.

Yeah, i wouldnt take PCO's rating to heart unless your just a die-hard (and by Diehard i mean Sony > Nintendo and Microsoft diehard) Storyline freak.

I mean the storyline WAS changed a bit, but if you can stomach X-3 and not this, then something is just wrong with you. (Because THAT was fucked up.)

You have to understand this movie had to be that way because there's always the possibility that there wont be another one.

On the other hand, in the future if they can get the cast to DO another one, they can easily pick up on Venom again.

(maybe a little piece of the symboite survived and found a way to multiply, or lived altogether, blah blah blah.

I can easily see them making a new venom....or even throwing in a "eddie and the symbiote survived" plot point. But I do have to agree with PC0 on the fucking Mary Jane plot parts....I would turn to my friends and say "she's a fucking nagging bitch...someone shoot her!!" She pissed me off to no end damnit.

Why has no one mentined Spidey's kiss? That was the hugest dick move on his part and far outranks MJ being a bitch. She may have been, but she didn't deserve that. Especially when he was oblivious to it when he was gonna propose.

The Sandman plot was not pointless. Spiderman can't learn something about life from one of thes stories? He killed the first guy and tried to kill Sandman, but now he realizes that that isn't right. I guess thats a waste of a plotline amirite?

I think one would hate the storyline because they didn't read/watch the original comic/cartoon story plot with the symbiote. It got more in-depth, even though it was campy. So even though the movie didn't explain all of it, most of the fans were able to fill in the holes. Honestly, I'm not sure WHAT I would think of this movie if I didn't know the original storyline in the first place. I bet I would be confused as hell, too.

Guest Shadix

I really dug the movie. I went in with less than decent expectations worried it was going to be boring like I found the first two, however I actually liked the plot and how everything came together.

Although, as soon as Harry turned "good" and had a deformed face, I knew he was going to die. Cliche plot elements 101. Up until the end I was like "god damnit please don't kill Harry, he's a badass now." I'm also glad the movie was paced the way it was, I was extremely worried that the plot was going to get rushed through and done poorly, but they managed to incorporate all of the substories together without a huge mess. I did think it was stupid that they killed Eddie Brock off though... I understand movie plots are going to be inherently different because you don't want to end up with too many bad guys at one time, but I do think Venom could've lasted longer.

it's obvious the movie peopel didnt want to include venom and the symbiote stuff in the movie and only did it to lure in venom fans. thus i wont criticize the venom aspects as they didnt really try at all with it

First of all? MJ is a horrendous bitch. She's a fucking idiot in this movie, seriously. "OMG MY CAREER AS A BROADWAY STAR ISN'T GOING SO WELL!" was all she fucking whined about. And when Peter tried to be SUPPORTIVE and UNDERSTANDING, she acts like he's being a dick wad and that her life is fucking over. She treats him like shit, even though all he does is try his best to be there for her.

EXCUSE ME?

Who's the guy who gets beat up by monsters, cut up by maniacs, stabbed by demented robots, burned by exploding bombs and to top it all off, lives in a fucking shack that's literally falling apart? While trying to keep a fucking FREELANCE career as photographer together? Who the FUCK is SHE to be fucking FREAKING OUT AT HIM for being SUPPORTIVE?! What, oh, he compares it to the flak he got as Spider-man and that's some huge crime? Somehow, I'd think running around dodging bullets and fighting people trying to KILL you is, a BIT rougher than being a fucking BROADWAY STAR! (just a little bit) Her with her nice, hard wood floored condo, has the nerve to act like HE'S being insensitive to HER feelings? SHE HAS IT MADE! Most people don't even get a CHANCE at broad way! It's not Peter's fault that SHE fucked it up. What kind of fucking whore would act that way? Spoiled fucking bitch. He should of left her to die. She deserved it.

Then there's Venom. Venom was ruined, not because he talked, but from his voice. What the hell was that shit? Why did he sound like Eddie Brock, even when the costume was over his face? Do you really envision that big, monstrous looking mother fucker, to sound like some preppy college kid? Fuck that shit. Venom is supposed to have a rasping evil voice and is supposed to refer to himself as "we" and shit. Then of course, they kill him off at the end, but Sandman gets to go home. What kind of stupidity is that? Oh and he just HAPPENS to know about MJ, even though, IIRC, they NEVER EVEN MET (in the movie)?! Not to mention no one notices that Spidey's saved the same girl several times now and it's always her being held hostage? What the hell is that about?

Next, we have how the symbiote showed up in the first place. COME ON! Fucking space meteor just HAPPENS to land RIGHT NEXT TO FUCKING SPIDER-MAN!? Are you telling me that, just because he was kissing, he didn't notice some FLAMING BALL OF FUCKING DOOM FALLING OUT OF THE SKY AND CRASHING INTO THE EARTH?! Last I checked, when flaming balls of fucking doom fall out of the sky and crash into the Earth, it's VERY, VERY, LOUD! Not to mention astronomers are all over that kind of shit, they'd of investigated the meteor landing for sure. Or did they some how not notice it with their high tech radar equipment and massively powerful telescopes already focused on the meteor shower?

What they SHOULD OF DONE, is have a team of scientists investigate a crashed meteor and find the symbiote and capture it. News explodes with discovery of alien life form, yadda yadda yadda. A villain or common thug steals it, thinking to sell it for huge bucks and Spider-man stops them, only to be covered with the symbiote in the middle of the fight. But NO! They instead rely on some OBSCENE plot device that is so INSANELY improbable it hurts my brain. Don't say, "Well it's a movie" either, because I just explained a better way of doing it, that makes perfect sense, fits with the theme and is at least half ass explanatory of why Spider-Man and the symbiote even end up in the same fucking place. They had time for repeating the EXACT SAME emo dialog between MJ and Peter SIX FUCKING TIMES, but not five minutes for something like this? Bullshit.

Oh and of course, there's the fact that they kill Harry. Ok, that makes a lot of fucking sense. Not to mention his butler. Let me get this straight, ALL THIS TIME, the butler has KNOWN that Harry's real father died by the blade of his own glider. So he's been content to watch Harry suffer and pour his entire life, his very existence, into a demented scheme to get revenge, all the while risking his life trying to MURDER a national hero. Then all of a sudden he comes along and goes, "HEY HARRY! BTW! YOU KNOW EVERYTHING YOU BELIEVE IN AND HAVE BEEN LIVING FOR ALL THIS TIME? YA, THAT'S A BUNCH OF BULLSHIT! GUESS I FORGOT TO TELL YOU THAT! SORRY! KTHX!" So Harry finally learns the truth and takes off to do battle against the forces of evil... then they kill him. Gee, okay...

Finally, we come to dear old Sandman. Why was he even there? Was he really necessary? All I saw him actually do, is be there to draw Spider-Man and GG out to the tower, because there's 2 vs 1. Otherwise he had absolutely NO impact on the story, AT ALL! They could of removed him from the story entirely and the movie would of actually been better for it, since he doesn't even DO ANYTHING THE WHOLE TIME! He was there as an excuse to pour millions of dollars into special effects that weren't even the least bit impressive. We already did this shit before guys. It was called "The Mummy". Oh, unless you mean the whole Ben Parker thing. Yeah, that was real necessary wasn't it? Except Sandman just goes home in the end and Peter forgives him, making that entire plot line pointless and unnecessary.

Then there's the huge degrading of the black suit's awesome. Where were all the great abilities that it grants? They hardly imply and don't even mention that the suit gives Spidey a HUGE increase in strength, speed and power. Not to mention they neglect the fact that the suit can change appearance into any sort of clothing desired. Instead of Peter going into that store and buying a suit, they could of just as easily had it turn into the suit. Which would of been much cooler and over all, way better. They could of used the obscene special effects budget they wasted on Sandman for it and it would of been a much better use of the money IMO. Not to mention that apparently, the suit doesn't regenerate when spidey gets cut. No, there's still holes in the costume and shit exposing the wounds. But when Parker starts pulling it off, it has no problem trying to reform and repair itself. Yeah, okay, can we say plot hole anyone?

You rock so hard for that PC0.

Blues is right:

I don't understand why the movie people don't like that Symbiote Story. That sh** is friggin box office gold. If the whole movie was revolved around just the black suit/dick peter/Venom, the friggin ticket booth would have exploded.

I loved this movie. It kept me on the edge of my seat. Yes, there are a few things that I saw coming, like Harry's change of heart and dying. I expected Gwen to die (she did in the comics), but that didn't happen. But overall, this movie is brilliant, and I'll probably go see it again. It made me laugh, and several times it almost made me cry.

Venom was a mixed bag for me. We needed more time with him, and he should have been more like he was in the cartoon/comics. He never said "We" once. However he looked awesome, and the fight between him and Spiderman was crazy. The symbiote was weird too. Originally the black suit came into being during the secret wars, when Spiderman needed a new suit, and he got the symbiote. However, I expected them to do it similar to the 90's cartoon, where it comes from the space shuttle. The whole, meteor crashing could have been done better. The butler thing was also stupid. He should have told Harry in the first place what happened to his father.

But in the end, I think fans of the first two movies will love this one. While I doubt there will be a direct sequel to this movie, I do believe that one is possible. Remember, Peter's professor still has a sample of the symbiote left. What's to stop it from turning red and escaping. And there can always be some black goo left over in the meteor.

Story: 9/10 Had some flaws, but otherwise a brilliant conclusion

Acting: 8/10 Overall great, but had some flaws

Special Effects: 10/10 Unlike the other two movies, the special effects are well used. The black goo looks incredible

Action: 10/10 Spiderman, Sandman, Venom, and Goblin...OH MY!

Overall: 9/10 Go see this movie

PCO: No one notices that Superman is just a guy without his glasses on and his hair combed different. Why would they notice about Mary-Jane. You say"don't give me the movie excuse" but as I've just pointed out it's a movie. That's how things work.

As for the Sandman thing.. psh. Honestly, Peter tried to kill him. Peter suceeded in killing his partner-in-crime, nearly killed his best friend (twice, mind you), bidge-slapped his ex-girlfriend, made out with some other girl, started completetely mauling people, humiliated and assualted a co-worker, etc, etc, etc. Peter Parker realized that seeking revenge was completely wrong. If Peter Parker can be pardoned, why can't Sandman?

And as I've already pointed out with my Superman comparison, I think you are taking this a bit out of proportion. Also, I think it's worth mentioning that women tend to do that sort of thing. It's just how things generally go down. The way Mary-Jane acted was the way most girlfriends would act in that sort of situation. Hence that whole "your woman's always right" thing. You blew this way out of proportion. Once, again, Superman. Not going to argue the points on the Butler and Venom though, as I pretty much agree (save for the whole voice thing which actually did change.. just not the way you'd hoped).