A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Paper Mario looks downright delightful

Also, Sereph, I'm gonna come out and say that, for the millionth time, I'm sick of you being all "Square was better before Enix came along. They USED to be good." We get it, you don't like their new games. I'll try to hold my applause.

What the fuck are you talking about

If i wanted to come out and say SQUARE ENIX SUCKS i wouldnt be afraid to. I diddnt, i diddnt mean to, and i diddnt drop any subliminal messages either.

I could have sworn i said (for the millionth time) that i dont mind square enix anymore.

When i emphised on "It was a squaresoft game", i ment that Square covered the RPG genre at the time, so of course a Mario RPG by them would be liked.

If it makes you fucking feel better:

Super Mario RPG was so good because it was a SQUARE ENIX game (Remember them? The RPG fiends of the 2000's- 2007s).

1000 year door wasnt liked as much probably because Nintendo just isnt as good as making RPG's as SQUARE ENIX was.

It was Final Fantasy with Mario Characters and plots.

I actully enjoyed Super Mario RPG's battle system/exploration system as much as any really good SQUARE ENIX Final Fantasy game.

Stop putting words in my mouth.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm too lazy to make all multiple quote thingers, so I added my comments in bold.

Super Mario RPG was so good because it was a Squaresoft game (Remember them? The RPG fiends of the 1990's- early 2000?).

Because they're totally different now, right?

1000 year door wasnt liked as much probably because Nintendo just isnt as good as making RPG's as Squaresoft was.

I guess there was no reason to italicize "was", right? Also, show me proof that TTYD wasn't liked as much. Also, the game was made by Intelligent Systems, known for making the Fire Emblem series and the previous Paper Mario games, all of which are quality RPGs.

Also, first 30 minutes of SPM:

http://wii.advancedmn.com/media.php?gameid=1564&medtype=2

[qimg]http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-frogsiren.gif[/qimg]FANBOY SIREN[qimg]http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-frogsiren.gif[/qimg]

Also the RPG's that sereph likes are made for losers. therefore sereph is a loser :3

i love you too.

Anyway, i ment to pick up 1000 year door, but decided not to. (i think i was playing Baten Kaitos at that time.)

The battles were nice and all, and the game looked fun though. RPG style Mario games were always awesome. It just because nintendo loves keeping the orginal characters and the storyline the same every time, unlike Sonic Team. The characters never really have to grow to be loved, which makes for a pretty enjoyable game.

Paper Mario 2 was actually rather detatched from the traditional Mario universe in terms of areas and factions, much moreso than the original (don't know about the handheld RPGs). It worked out quite well, actually. But I suppose the main point is that the traditional Mario characters play their appropriate role the same as they always have. 'Cept Luigi's an ass, instead of just being neglected. :P

It just because nintendo loves keeping the orginal characters and the storyline the same every time, unlike Sonic Team. The characters never really have to grow to be loved, which makes for a pretty enjoyable game.

Umm..you must not've played 1000 year door then cause every partner was well developed, and Mario went through all kinds of crazy antics rather than just...save the princess, which he still had to do, but the enemies were awesome.

And thats what made that game so awesome.

Its just a matter of finding them, teaming with them, and going on about your buisness.

Although i love good plots, sometimes you would love to not worry about one.

I thought you said this was because Square is allegedly better than Nintendo at making RPGs. RPG = plot.

I can't explain the math. I don't have enough experience to take the summation of a mushroom nor do I know how to equate the said summation into the product of a square and a heart.

However, I might be able to figure out 91.2Star to the Heart Power times Star (wtf, why didn't they just say Star to the 2 * heart power?) divided by Circle subCircle.

Of course, the only thing this proves is the ass backwards theory that mushrooms are somehow exponentially greater than stars. At least... I don't think a circle is the equivalent of Star to the (2 * heart) power.

Nearing the end of TTYD now. I just got into the X-Naut Fortress, and it's a blast. The pseudo-fetch quest in order to get the cannon online was a bitch, though.

Jumpin about da moon eh? Too bad I didn't get past Chapter 4.

And yeah, that psuedo-searching around the world as an annoying bit. a very annoying bit

I can't explain the math. I don't have enough experience to take the summation of a mushroom nor do I know how to equate the said summation into the product of a square and a heart.

Notice how the clouds are complete squares, along with everything else? Amazing atmosphere that nintendo is creating this time, I don't know how they do this stuff, and make it work so well, but it does [/fanboy]. And whatever that equation is with Heart+Music ( I want to say Heart^Music so bad, but its just not.. "right" ), its making me laugh really hard.