A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Paper Mario looks downright delightful

Toad:Its sh-sh-sh-sh-sh-sh-sh-sh-shocking... Mushroom Castle... RAIDED! Princess Peach... STOLEN!

Luigi: Why, that's ridiculous! Who would do such a thing?

Count Black: Do you take Bowser to be your lawfully wedded husband 'til your games be over?

Bowser: I do. Say it now, 'k?

Peach: ...I... do....

I can't wait for this game.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After getting into the Thousand Year Door (never appreciated the original Paper Mario, I was too sick comparing it to Super Mario RPG, but besides that, it doesn't have as much character as the second, though few games do), I've been looking forward to Super Paper Mario as a quiet little game that's garenteed to be enjoyable and a genuine game. But after watching the gameplay videos and hearing the mechanics, I must say, I got real excited real quick. And I won't have to wait but another week!

Meh, I hated the whole switching characters thing in TTYD. When I control Peach, I think "man Bowser's stuff is so much funnier", and when I control Bowser, I think "Just take me to the part where I'm not ridiculously slow."

Unless Peach's gameplay is actually fun, I'll probably use Mario 99% of the time.

The Paper Mario series is just as good as the Square Mario RPG games. Its just different is all.

NO

Super mario RPG is probably my most favorite RPG ever.

I hated Paper mario 64 for some reason, but I actually thoroughly enjoyed the 1000 year door...odd yes. Super paper mario has piqued my interest though, It'll take me a while before I purchase...or my brother will buy it.

We NEED another Super Mario RPG.

Square at their most innovative..

I wish square would die a horrible death :aparty:

Anyways. I love how they never stop with the interactive attacking ( which is the bane of every RPG ever ). They really need to make it alot harder for some attacks though

Stylish moves added a hell of a lot of difficulty if you wanted to pull off the maximum amount every time. On any move that isn't the normal jump/hammer anyway.

Exactly, and that made battles ALOT more fun.

Super Mario RPG was so good because it was a Squaresoft game (Remember them? The RPG fiends of the 1990's- early 2000?).

1000 year door wasnt liked as much probably because Nintendo just isnt as good as making RPG's as Squaresoft was.

It was Final Fantasy with Mario Characters and plots.

I actully enjoyed Super Mario RPG's battle system/exploration system as much as any really good Final Fantasy game.

Thousand Year Door, IMHO, is superior to all of the Mario RPGs. The dialoge is superb, the challenge is just right, and it's a blast to play. I didn't really enjoy SMRPG, and didn't get very far in it before moving on to another game. It's cool, but I just didn't care for it.

Also, Sereph, I'm gonna come out and say that, for the millionth time, I'm sick of you being all "Square was better before Enix came along. They USED to be good." We get it, you don't like their new games. I'll try to hold my applause.

And Thousand Year Door WAS liked as much, if not better, seeing that it enjoyed strong sales (for a GC title) and got posative reviews, usually high 8s and 9s.

Stylish moves added a hell of a lot of difficulty if you wanted to pull off the maximum amount every time. On any move that isn't the normal jump/hammer anyway.

No they didnt.

OH DRAW A MOTHERFUCKING SHAPE WHAM BOOM, TAP A AT AN INTERVAL.

Not hard. they need something like, ultimato. like one of those stupid lame RPG's sereph would play, except not being boring as watching a TV made out of rocks..

But thats just me. Clockout was awesome though, it needs a smaller timing window however

Serephim: Would you shut up already? We've already been through this a million times. Everyone's tired of you trying to drill a stupid point that doesn't even actually make sense into their heads all the time. Even you, yourself, tend to contradict whatever insane point it is you're trying to prove. No one really cares so drop it.

"Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it was a bad game." -DW

Quoted for great truth.

"Super Mario RPG was so good because it was a Squaresoft game...It was Final Fantasy with Mario Characters and plots." - Serephim

I think it's worth noting that Final Fantasy with Mario characters doesn't equal a Mario game any more than, say, Pokemon or Kingdom Hearts with Sonic characters would. Also, PG's points about sales is something worth noting. Don't spew crap- it's sickening.