A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SFGHQ Wiki? Give me your opinions!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll try and make a few pages I'm best able to answer, but I have to admit, I have no idea how to format a Wiki entry.

Edit: There, made a page on Game Maker. Just copied the other pages in terms of format. Don't know if I broke any kind of Conventions, though.

BTW, site looks great.

You could always look at Special:Allpages.

And to create an article, just search for an article. If it doesn't exist, it'll let you create it (wich is pretty much the same thing as editing it, only there's nothing there to start with).

Edit: To create a Wiki, you upload the wiki software onto your server. Not sure exactly where you get the software, but it's freely distributed.

If you surround something in double brackets, it'll look for a Wiki entry titled such. Ex:

[[user:Slingerland]]

which is different from

[[slingerland]]

You can Make it say something different, but still link to your page with the pipe character:

[[user:Slingerland | Mr. AwesomeMod]]

I vote no. Why? Because it's unfair to regular members and new members. Everyone would want to be an oldbie then, just for the internet fame. "outstanding members" can be mentioned on the articles of things they DID. Like J. Bailey would have a section in the Sonic: Time Attacked article.

I vote no. Why? Because it's unfair to regular members and new members. Everyone would want to be an oldbie then, just for the internet fame. "outstanding members" can be mentioned on the articles of things they DID. Like J. Bailey would have a section in the Sonic: Time Attacked article.

If I don't recall, everyone DOES want to be an oldbie. Nobody wants to be a newbie. But, I'm not talking in terms of oldbie/newbie. I'm just saying if you've done things worthwhile and built a reputation, then that is fact, not opinion. It's not guaranteed everyone will have a userpage either.

I'd rather everyone didn't. Let's face it, some of our members are much more productive and recognizable than others. They deserve pages. Random people with half a game demo and 15 posts on the forum do not.

But again, yes, talk pages on the wiki.

I'm not the best CSS dude ever, but I spent some time on this today, maybe it can serve as a splash page similarly to the Wikipedia splash page... the only thing that you have to do is pass the variables sent from the FORM to the correct redirect PHP page, but I dunno what that would be...

Also, I can't center the fucking DIV with the ID="container"... maybe I'm just retarded, but whatever... everything else is self-contained and I have it where I think it should be positioned, but you're smart, Koray, so go ahead and screw around if you want...

http://www.eponisdumb.com/SFGHQwiki

http://www.eponisdumb.com/SFGHQwiki/page.rar <-- contents of directory