A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SAGE '07 Film Festival

Slingerland

If you have not heard all ready, I'm calling the shots this year for SAGE this Summer. I will be designing the site and creating all sorts of crazy crap. I have been discussing with PC0 and Smidge, the SAGE committee (lawl), and while pitching my design, I also heard about some prizes that they can get a hold of.

Prizes you say? Well, being the film major I am, We're also holding:

THE SAGE 2007 FILM FEST EXTRAVAGANZA

Here are the rules:

+Make a short film under 8 minutes long. There is no minimum time.

+Your movie can be one of the following: live action, animated (hand drawn or CG), or a flash movie.

+Sonic related of course, since it is for SAGE. It can also be SFGHQ related if you want. I actually still have a storyboard for a fake trailer of SFGHQ: The Movie - Redness Falls. Sonic does not have to be the center of attention, but make him at least in the story somewhere, making an impact (big or small) in some way.

+Speaking of fake trailers, those also work if you are making a live action movie. Sometimes fake trailers are better than short films, in my opinion.

The films are due two days before SAGE begins, which is a date yet to be set in stone. It WILL be in August though.

Then the films will be judged by my film peers and the film professors at the Nebraska Johnny Carson School of Theatre and Film. There are 3 prize categories:

+Overall winner

+Runner-up

+Audience Favorite (SAGE patrons will vote during the expo)

That's it and have a good time with this one, guys. I'm looking forward to it and SAGE as well.

PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR MOVIE BY AUGUST 1st TO [email protected]

Sounds cool, I'll probably work on something after my project for my flash class...

Great contest idea... You're really planning on making this the best SAGE right? Especially with all the aritists we have here... (which far outweigh people who actually make fangames that aren't bashed..)

sounds interesting, I'll see if I can whip anything cool up.

Out of interest, can someone enlighten me as to when sage is likely to be this year. If it ends up like last year, i may have difficulty taking part in too much, due to exams and stuff.

Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind, missed what you said in the first post.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...