A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Guilty Gear (or other fighters)

shadowgoten

Considering this is a thread about fighting games, does anyone have a tip for a button masher who can only remember 2 or 3 combos?

I want to pwn, not poon :[

rofl, the only game I've really seen that can allow for serious button mashing is marvel vs capcom 2.

But seriously if you want to start learning moves, try sticking with 1 character, and trying the fireball motions (down, downforward, and forward, or do it backwards as well) paired with each button to see if you can get some moves out of it. Once you figure out what motions do what, you can start trying to string normal attacks together with those moves.

You can also check out various FAQs for move lists and stuff for any character.

Guilty Gear X is the best 2D fighting game series since Street Fighter. The characters are creative, and in order to beat the game, you need to actually have some good skills and know the play mechanics. I'v played X2 for X-Box and PS2, and have GGX for Dreamcast. One of my favorite game characters ever has to be Dizzy. She's such a unique character, and she has some badass moves. Oh, and I so want this.

Irony of ironies, I like 2D fighters the best, but the only ones I'm anywhere near up to date on are the easier 3D ones like SCIII (I'm no good at Virtua Fighter, but the good news is that they don't change enough for it to throw you off when they make a new one). Especially SCIII. 2D... it's not like I don't know them, but darn it if the most recent one one I'm decent at is SFA3.

Hm, I've been sketching down ideas for fighters for years... maybe one of these days I'll actually try to pull it all together....