A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

1 up's 5 step process to saving sonic

shadowgoten

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy target to wind up? For the record, half the mods wanted you gone like a week ago but I didn't have a problem with you "ragging on me" so alas you have been temp-banned or anything. I'm only just now getting pissed off because you're getting in the way of modding. If I say not to do something because, it's technically not right and give a legit reason don't try and go against what I just said. I try and be fair to every member here when it comes to that sort of thing and I'm not as quick to action as the others. At least in my "way of posting" I'm not being a general ass to people just for the sake of doing it because I don't like who they are. Also, I hope you're aware that you've just admitted to flamebaiting. Which, you know, is against the rules. And since you don't really care about the rules why not go ahead and mess up right now so you can be gone? Honestly, do us a favor.

I also hope you realize that I debate on a lot of subjects because a lot of things interest me. Not all of us are so one-dimensional and tackle a specific target.

Easy target to wind up? For the record, half the mods wanted you gone like a week ago but I didn't have a problem with you "ragging on me" so alas you have been temp-banned or anything.

Awesome.

I'm only just now getting pissed off because you're getting in the way of modding. If I say not to do something because, it's technically not right and give a legit reason don't try and go against what I just said.

Fair enough.

I try and be fair to every member here when it comes to that sort of thing and I'm not as quick to action as the others. At least in my "way of posting" I'm not being a general ass to people just for the sake of doing it because I don't like who they are.

Fair enough.

Also, I hope you're aware that you've just admitted to flamebaiting.

Yeah.

Which, you know, is against the rules.

Sure is.

And since you don't really care about the rules why not go ahead and mess up right now so you can be gone? Honestly, do us a favor.

Meant to say that I'm not deliberately bending rules because I like doing so. Oh, well.

I also hope you realize that I debate on a lot of subjects because a lot of things interest me. Not all of us are so one-dimensional and tackle a specific target.

Oh shit, personal attack.

Anyway, if you're finished, then I'm finished. If you want to type angrily in my general direction some more, PM me. Otherwise, back on topic.

"Anyway, if you're finished, then I'm finished. If you want to type angrily in my general direction some more, PM me. Otherwise, back on topic." - StevenM @ 8:34PM

"What's to stay on topic about? It's the same guff we, amongst others, have been ranting on about for months/years on end. S'getting boring. =/" -StevenM @ 6:55PM

Honestly, take your own advice every once in awhile: if you had a problem with me at all you should've brought it up with me elsewhere. Also, it's worth noting that it wasn't a personal attack. It was the truth- you even admitted to specifcally targetting me.

LinkG07: I completely agree I hate how much grinding has been overused. It's better when used sparingly and when it's not a gimmick that composes the entirety of multiple levels. Speaking of which, I haven't seen very many rails in Secret Rings yet.

Ducky: I'm well aware of what Blues meant. But, once again, my point was that having these stupid characters removed does nothing if your gameplay is broken. These stupid characters aren't the ones that are causing engine problems and, correct me if I'm wrong, but videogames are more about actually being able to enjoy playing the game than about what characters are in them. Granted, it's best if you actually like the character but it's pretty hard to like any character if you're constantly getting stuck in walls and falling through floors to endless pits of doom. Had the original Sonic game been crappily buggy with horrid level design chances are you wouldn't like Sonic all too much. Do you disagree?

Well I see it more in Sega's perspective. Removing the characters won't fix the gameplay, but focusing more on giving Sonic "hip new friends" on every installment rather than focusing on the foundation itself also doesn't get them far.

edit: oya, bb code

That right there is one of the reasons Secret Rings shouldn't offend anyone. The only new characters introduced are quite disposable.

Honestly though, it doesn't bug me one way or another how many or what kind of characters they choose to introduce to the series so long as they aren't total crap to play as like Big.

I have a theory: maybe the reason people blame the characters so much is because they're analytical ability is so poor, they cannot identify the engine problems without first personifying them to the characters they were forced to play as during the experiences. It is not so much that their personalities or story suck - that's likely just an afterthought. The wording in DW's post above made me think about this for a moment.

Probably the reason people hate Big is because they hate to fish in a Sonic game (don't we all?), and they hate Rouge because they realized during Sonic Adventure 2 that emerald hunting sucks for them (but, since Knuckles already had good cred, he was slightly immune to this).

They hate Cream because Sonic Advance 2 is boring and Cream is just the same as Tails, dispite the minor differences.

They hate Silver because Sonic Next is an eyesore of a "game," and probably wouldn't even mind that he's slow if the game didn't make them cry in their sleep.

And do I even need to go into detail about Shadow?

Then, characters who premiered in games with fun game concepts that didn't suck have less people not liking them, hence Blaze.

rofl I never said I agree'd with this article. I do think they need to boot everyone post sonic CD (to keep amy in the mix).

Just think about storyline though, mario games have VERY minimal storyline. Mario 64 the storyline starts out with "OMFG MARIO COME TO THE CASTLE I BAKED A CAKE". You get there and go ohsnap bowser took the princes AGAIN. Now that we kicked the weak plot to the side, let's play a great game!

I know I've said this before, but i love you.