A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

1 up's 5 step process to saving sonic

shadowgoten

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

=/

So, Sega Mega Drive Collection for the PSP. Worth getting?

Edit: Assuming either A) I'm not a master-hacker with a downgraded-upgraded PSP or B) I am but the emulation's annoyingly imperfect.

If you arent a master hacker you shouldent have a PSP, heck, if you arent capable of following simple instructions to get things working on a PSP you shouldent have a PSP. It's really not worth it if you just play UMD games. Just get a DS and play whatever.

Ouch :/

Well then lemme say this.

Lets compare the dynamics on he four games: Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Heroes, and yes... Sonic the Hedgehog.

Running: For Sonic Adventure, the running was smooth for Sonic as he twisted and swerved with his feet in a blur, which flowed well and was easy to control... mostly... sometimes... In Sonic Adventure 2, the running was stiffer than what you last felt. Sonic ran as if he were about to trip and fall off the stage when he so much as made a turn. But it was decent for one thing. For Sonic Heroes, the running seemed held back and scattered, what with Sonic dragging Tails and Knuckles along for the ride. Hard to control. As for Sonic the Hedgehog: One flick of the joystick and he friggin does a 360 off the level.

Grinding: None for Sonic Adventure, but for Sonic Adventure 2 it was fuuuuun, once you got used to it that is. But it was a cool and innovative the first time around. But when it came to Sonic Heroes the fun had ceased. They used it too much. And the speed was taken away from it, forcing you to press the B/X/square button over and over and over, making sonic and his crew look like an after school music number. Yawn. Sonic the hedgehog: "Ack what the-? I can't friggin move! *press buttons, homing attacks off.* Bullsh$#."

These things may have gave me problems but I worked my way around them. I myself am a person who is a quick learner and can get a level down after only a few tries. I am not bragging, just stating what I can accomplish.

These things may have gave me problems but I worked my way around them. I myself am a person who is a quick learner and can get a level down after only a few tries. I am not bragging, just stating what I can accomplish.

And, as a result, contributing nothing the discussion. Kudos.

... That wasn't a joke this time.

Blues: Yea, sure. 'Cuz having Sonic, Tails and Knuckles playable in Sonic 3 was so horrible. As was having Sonic and Knuckles in, gasp, Sonic and Knuckles. Oh and Tails in Sonic 2 as well. Also, watch your use of "gay."

I'm sure Blues meant the new ones (Blaze, the retarded birds from riders, Cream, Silver, etc), in which case I totally agree: Gay, gay, GAY.

But no offense to gay people.

I find it funny that steven uses the world gay so liberally when his avatar is a rainbow furry with a decidedly feminine face. Yiff in hell etc.

Hey, sometimes you've just got to take it up the anus. Besides, it's either this avatar (Tails is a girl lewls) or that horse picture again. What would you pick in the long run?

...actually, yeah. The horse.

*waits for an "insert things here" post by a certain Steven*

[insert Response Here]

Just think about storyline though, mario games have VERY minimal storyline. Mario 64 the storyline starts out with "OMFG MARIO COME TO THE CASTLE I BAKED A CAKE". You get there and go ohsnap bowser took the princes AGAIN. Now that we kicked the weak plot to the side, let's play a great game!

That's a great point SG, too bad many people here just gloss over your posts lol

SG's previous point is so right on I cant believe you havent noticed it. Mario 64 had the perfect type of storyline for a Sonic game. A game with deep stories, should be games where the story should be a important factor in keeping you interested, like RPG's, adventure games etc. A Sonic game on the other hand, has no need for a story, since its about runnning fast and foiling Robotnik's plans. There isnt a need for a story, the gameplay is all that is needed, so why spend the time that could be spent on improving the levels and engine, on creating really bad stories?

I also think that all these new abilities and such is just annoying. Personally, I like Sonic 2 best in that regard, with just jumping, spindashing and shield. Sonic 3's additional shields were nice, but I still prefer just single one. Atleast in Sonic 3 none of the shields were required

Steven: Please note that I never said you did. These aren't my rules, I'm just enforcing them. If someone gets a foot shoved up their bum about using homosexual slang the wrong way, then it's only fair that the rule is applied to everyone. I'm only doing my job, and being quite fair at that, by pushing it on everyone at this forum and not just people I dislike. You only said queers to go against what I had just said. So, I'm aware that you're trying to annoy me and not anyone who is homosexual. However, that's completely not the point. The point is I just corrected someone and then you have to come by and make a point of doing the exact same thing- on purpose. You don't like the rule? Talk it up with PC0 and get off mine because I really don't see why you're being such a dumbass lately. It should've been fair enough the first time I said it. Pay the heck attention and stop continually trying to step up to me or whatever it is you're getting at.

Ducky: I'm well aware of what Blues meant. But, once again, my point was that having these stupid characters removed does nothing if your gameplay is broken. These stupid characters aren't the ones that are causing engine problems and, correct me if I'm wrong, but videogames are more about actually being able to enjoy playing the game than about what characters are in them. Granted, it's best if you actually like the character but it's pretty hard to like any character if you're constantly getting stuck in walls and falling through floors to endless pits of doom. Had the original Sonic game been crappily buggy with horrid level design chances are you wouldn't like Sonic all too much. Do you disagree?

No offense, Scatta, but. I'm not really bothered about the rules. If you want me to stop using red-tie slang, fair enough.

The only reason I rag on you is because you seem to debate with a lot of people on a lot of subjects, and go about it in a very long-winded way. Fair enough, that's how you go about posting, and I'm not saying you're opinionated. I'm just saying you say an awful lot about a lot of things... and you seem to be an easy target to wind up.

I suppose this would be the right time to say "Back on Topic", but we've been through that already. =/