A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

No need to waste $ on S2K6 anymore

Blues

http://www.sonicstadium.org/sonicnews/262/

Finnish gaming magazine Pelit announces release date and system specs for Sonic Next-Gen for the PC in their latest issue. The game ships from SEGA on February 28th. Along the fact of the confirmed release date from SEGA (who announced it as February 2007 recently) the magazine has also released the game system specs.

CPU: Pentium3 1GHz or faster

Memory: 128MB RAM or more

HDD: 3GB or more

12x CD-drive

64 MB Graphics card (DirectX 9.0c compatible)

Sound card (DirectX 9.0c compatible)

Sonic Stadium will keep you updated on the PC release of the game.

I was definitelly expecting some more demanding specs. The game on the lowest settings must look awful. Anyway, since I'm not getting a PS3 I think I will buy this for PC.

I just hope this won't be a huge dissapointment to me like Sonic Riders (worst Sonic game ever!) was.

Well loading time issues will probably be out the window now, as people who "purchase it" can easily just produce an ISO and mount it from their HDD. That leaves downloadable content and bug fixes in the foray, and I'm unsure how Sega will handle the DLC stuff via interweb. Pre-included probs?

Well loading time issues will probably be out the window now, as people who "purchase it" can easily just produce an ISO and mount it from their HDD. That leaves downloadable content and bug fixes in the foray, and I'm unsure how Sega will handle the DLC stuff via interweb. Pre-included probs?

I know that I would never play this game w/o the $3 per char very hard mode

lol

I may trade in my console version of Next and get the PC version.. which will probably have better loading times. Hopefully. Either that or just "obtain it." Hell, the save file will still be on my X360. So it's kind of like if you were to still have the car in your name.. right? Right? Probably not, but I don't care.