A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

New game needs a lot of sprites

Bluehog

I'm working on the next game in my Sonic Battle seris, Sonic Battle 4: The Call to Chaos. It is the sequal to my game on SFGHQ Sonic Battle III

My problem is I need sprites, a lot of sprites. Sonic Battle 4 needs custom animation sprites for 25 playable characters, with a max of 27 animations needed for each character. Its a big job so I'm asking for help with this one.

I need sprites for the following characters in either the advance or genisis style

1. Sonic
  2. Tails
  3. Knuckles
  4. Shadow
  5. Amy
  6. Rouge
  7. Chaos
  8. Tikal
  9. Cream
  10. Mighty
  11. Vector
  12. Espio
  13. Metal Sonic
  14. Metal Tails
  15. Metal Knuckles
  16. Big
  17. E-102 (special requirements)
  18. Manic
  19. Sonia
  20. Metalix
  21. Blaze
  22. Emeral
  23. Ashura
  24. Eggman (special requirements)
  25. Silver (special requirements)

I really don't care if you start from scratch or just do add-ons to a previously made sprite, I just need sprites for this game. The folowing are the required animations

1. Standing
  2. Walking
  3. Runing (may be omitted if identical to walking)
  4. Jumping
  5. Skiding
  6. Crouching
  7. Charging Energy while standing still
  8. Launching into the air from crouching on the ground (may or may not be attack)
  9. Grabing
  10. Throwing
  11. Generate Barrier (defense pose, do not include the barrier itself)
  12. Sideways attack on the ground from walking/running
  13. Rolling or an equivalent attack on the ground (if rolling may be omitted if character spin jumps)
  14. Spindash or equivalent charged speed attack
  15. Charged Spin Dash or equivalent (may be omitted, but prefered)
  16. Released Spindash or equivalent high speed ground attack (if rolling may be omitted if character spin jumps)
  17. Forward Airborn attack
  18. Reverse Airborn attack
  19. Acending airborn attack
  20. Descending airborn attack
  21. Hovering airborn attack (may be omitted)
  22. Mid-Air Height boost (not an attack)
  23. Mid-Air Rapid Decent from jumping (not an attack)
  24. Mid-Air double jump ability (like jump-dash, flying, gliding, ect)
  25. Hit
  26. Falling
  27. Victory Animation

Any of the above that share animation (ex: Jump-Dash, rolling, and spin-jump may use same animation) may have their animtion omitted, just tell me. Projectiles are permitted but conservativly. Please label animations if done as a sheet

Sonic, Tails, Shadow, Blaze, and Eggman require talking animations while standing still for the storyline.

Details on Sonic Battle 4 are available at the Bluehog Gaming Studio. Any sprite help is appreciated. Please contact me on my site, my forum, my shoutbox (not recommended), e-mail, AOL/AIM, YIM, or here.

Erm, not to burst your bubble or anything, but I don't think asking for help with all these sprites is going to get you much of anywhere. While we can see that you have created previous games, they obviously don't appear to be of the same magnitude as this one...I guess what I'm getting at is you're asking for way too much help than I believe anyone will be willing to offer without some sort of proof that this game is fully functional aside from sprites.

Technically, you can "program" each of those characters using colored boxes and then once people see that all that's needed are sprites to be dropped into place, I think you'll have better luck.

I can understand. I am merely

A)Asking for help even if its just one animation

B)Asking for help while I finish the setup of the engine into the game (mostly done with that actually)

Even so, I need enough animations of one character (preferably Sonic) to display the gameplay to prove the way the game works

Reminds me of another similar topic that actually wasn't a complete failure. Still, I don't think the project went anywhere.

O gawd, not that again. That guy not only kept changing the sprites on us, but after spending quite a bit of work doing only some of the long list of sprites he requested, he decided that he didn't want to do the game anymore. >_>

Just saying that after that, I don't really want to be helping anyone with sprite work anymore. Sorry. =/