A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

New Sonic Cartoon?

So by this point, I'm pretty sure everyone here has heard of the new Sonic cartoon being made.

If not, here is the link to the article - http://www.tssznews.com/2013/06/15/sega-launching-new-sonic-boom-cartoon/

Here is the info we got so far:

-It is going to be a "Pony-esque Reboot of the cartoon series".

-The cartoon will be comedy-based rather than story.

-Involves Sonic (Obviously), Tails, Knuckles, and Amy.

Questions: What do you guys think of the new cartoon? Do you think it will be a fine cartoon? Do you think a "Pony-esque" satire would work for a Sonic Comedy?

Also, if you could, what characters would you like to add in the cartoon besides the 4 mentioned above?

At this point in time it only stands as a rumor, but I'm definitely waiting for when the facts come out. Honestly, the writing for MLP:FiM isn't necessarily bad, if only cliche ever now and again. Dave Polsky, the supposed writer for "Sonic Boom," has written both good and okay episodes for MLP:FiM, so I think he'll do an pretty good job with the show. Sonic is a generally lighthearted cartoon, so a comedic Sonic cartoon would help to reel in new and old Sonic fans rather than hinder it.

Edited by OHOHO1227

As far as this rumor goes, I don't really trust TSSZ as a reliable source since they seem to have so many of thier "news" to be proven false. (Need I remind you all of Sonic Dimensions, not to mention all the SA3 stories?) It'll be neat if it's true but for now, I wouldn't hold anyone's word to it just yet.

As far as this rumor goes, I don't really trust TSSZ as a reliable source since they seem to have so many of thier "news" to be proven false. (Need I remind you all of Sonic Dimensions, not to mention all the SA3 stories?) It'll be neat if it's true but for now, I wouldn't hold anyone's word to it just yet.

What site do you use to get new Sonic info (Besides here)?

To be fair, TSSZ at least had an actual legit link to go along with that story to provide at least a little evidence. Now, if you want to disregard the conversations people at the convention apparently had with the writer, all we have is a page saying "Sonic Boom" which may or may not be Sonic. Leans towards it being Sonic-related though.

I really can't get excited over the idea of a Sonic cartoon without knowing anything about it, sadly. I'm sure we'll hear something about it soon if it's true.