A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[3D Model] Mecha Sonic v2.0

SefirothDB

Remember this one?

MechaSonic.jpg

It's not *horribly bad* per se, but the mesh was really old and glitchy. Inconsistencies in the joints, primarily composed of simple shapes with two extra layers of meshsmoothing to hide defects... reeked of amateur :/

So two days ago I restarted the mesh (you guessed it - from scratch). Made the legs and shoes two different objects. Created a torso capable of opening itself to reveal the internal engines. Put extra details and more complexity overall. New materials. Good joints. Rocket shoes. Added the goddamn wheels, ffs.

Absolutely no meshsmooth used - this bitch is 58k manually constructed triangles and lags down my viewports... but totally worth it.

MechaSonicBeta.jpg

In case you haven't figured it out yet, this is one mesh construct I'm proud of :D

Also, bonus!

Because it's Christmas season and all that, I'm willing to give the old Mecha mesh in 3ds/obj formats to whoever wants it. I know a few people have asked me for it but I neglected the request - now I have a better one I got no use for the oldie. "In person" is not as great as in pics, and 'ts easy to appreciate the turbosmooths but some of you might be able to salvage some parts or something. Hit me up on AIM/MSN or send a PM anytime (FTP server offline, can't upload atm).

And one last thingy:

GHZ.jpg

Quickie I did not so long ago in my spare time >_>

• Like 1

Well, now I'll just have to tack on this new Mecha Sonic model as yet another reason I should hate you. I envy your modeling abilities, dude. Everything about this new model is incredible and I have absolutely no complaints.

I still don't care for that 3D Green Hill Zone though. Just seems off to me. Things like the item box and background just take so much away from it. And it's missing something that I can't quite place my finger on. Your 3D Sky Sanctuary (or whatever it was) was 20x better.

Great job on the Mecha Sonic though.

It's an awesome 3D model. Everything seems accurate and I really like what you've done with it. It has a sinister and dark feeling about it which I just love.

As for the Green Hill, I'll assume by comparison of the two that when you say it was a quickie, you really mean it.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...