A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Opinions, opinions...

Ligar

Regardless, it wouldn't make sense to use Archie Sonic after running parallel to it during the entire series and it wouldn't advance the series in any way. Rather, it would force the series into some miscellaneous section of the Sonic series where Shadow would be the least of people's complaints:

Like This:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scourge_the_Hedgehog

EDIT:

Also, there is Anti-Antoine, the polar opposite of Antoine even to this point:

[edit] Anti-Antoine/Patch

Originally known only as Anti-Antoine, "Patch" takes his name from the eyepatch he wears. Despite this, Patch has full use of both eyes, both of which are the real McCoy—the eyepatch is to attract the ladies (something Evil Sonic chastizes him for).

From this, you can infer that the actual Antoine is, irrefutably, a homosexual.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

W....T....F-?

Okay, I understand Duckboy's argument about the whole story, and maybe bringing out the story of the archie comics to the games, but dude- It is, too. Late. Sonic Team has started digging the infinate ditch of suck with their 360 and PS3 ports. So I'd say changing is out of the question thus far. (but due to the storyline and environment of Sonic changing more than my little cousin's daiper, I'm not saying that its impossible. Apparently nothing is.)

Now DW, Duckboy was at least thinking outside the claustrophobic box of Sonic Team. Although I'd say that the storyline for the Archie comics is too complex for the game to get into. Goin in there, means more annoying characters to be introduced. (To none comic/TV aware people.) Thus making more confusion, and more whining, complaining, b****ing about the changes. Plus going into this storyline means going back in time, thus making Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, etc. kids again. (Or maybe just tails)

As for tails and Knuckles: I'd say we all need to sling some suggestions out, and not state in general what needs to be changed. Like I would say that tails needs to finally lose his modesty and think and build to his full potential, since it states in his profile that its holding him back. Maybe he can build something other than a plane... that transforms... in every 3-D game... not much variaty in that brain of his huh?

Knuckles, hmm, I'd say his case is pretty confusing. In SA1 the emerald was broken by Chaos and the shards seemed to have mysteriously scattered and somehow found their way off of Angel island. The same thing applies for SA2 where he sucker punches the rock, having the pieces disappear instead of falling sprawled out on the floor for greedy Rouge to scurry to gather. It seems that the logic factor was left out of his story. :\

I'd say that Knuckles was better of in his platforming days, playing like sonic.

So like I said before, I suggest that Knuckles get off his ass and tape and glue that damn thing and call it a day.

Okay, I understand Duckboy's argument about the whole story, and maybe bringing out the story of the archie comics to the games, but dude- It is, too. Late. Sonic Team has started digging the infinate ditch of suck with their 360 and PS3 ports. So I'd say changing is out of the question thus far. (but due to the storyline and environment of Sonic changing more than my little cousin's daiper, I'm not saying that its impossible. Apparently nothing is.)

Now DW, Duckboy was at least thinking outside the claustrophobic box of Sonic Team. Although I'd say that the storyline for the Archie comics is too complex for the game to get into. Goin in there, means more annoying characters to be introduced. (To none comic/TV aware people.) Thus making more confusion, and more whining, complaining, b****ing about the changes. Plus going into this storyline means going back in time, thus making Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, etc. kids again. (Or maybe just tails)

As for tails and Knuckles: I'd say we all need to sling some suggestions out, and not state in general what needs to be changed. Like I would say that tails needs to finally lose his modesty and think and build to his full potential, since it states in his profile that its holding him back. Maybe he can build something other than a plane... that transforms... in every 3-D game... not much variaty in that brain of his huh?

Knuckles, hmm, I'd say his case is pretty confusing. In SA1 the emerald was broken by Chaos and the shards seemed to have mysteriously scattered and somehow found their way off of Angel island. The same thing applies for SA2 where he sucker punches the rock, having the pieces disappear instead of falling sprawled out on the floor for greedy Rouge to scurry to gather. It seems that the logic factor was left out of his story. :\

I'd say that Knuckles was better of in his platforming days, playing like sonic.

So like I said before, I suggest that Knuckles get off his ass and tape and glue that damn thing and call it a day.

The only drawbacks from keeping Sonic games great is gameplay variety. Ok Knuckles finding Emeralds in SA was ok the first time but not a second third time etc. And they don't have to go back to Sonic's childhood days just to use the archie storylines, they have a whole series of when sonic became a teen since SA came out. So they could use those, but I do agree on the annoying character thing. But I could get use to it. As long as the story is addictive.

Hey. SA is part of the problem as much as Sonic Heroes and Shadow are. Afterall, it started this whole mess. Its not so much about the variety nearly as much as it is about something they lost in the translation between 2D and 3D.

According to IGN in 1999-2001 SA & SA2 were so called exellent and almost perfect games and then when the remake for the two became available on GCN thats where the complains and low scores came in. People realized that the games were terrible and need more work on them. I remember IGN rating SA2 9.4 out of 10 on the Dreamcast and 8.6 out of 10 for SA on Dreamcast. No SA DX got a 5 out of 10 and SA2 got a 6.9 out of 10. Weird to me. I would think they would point out the issues back in the Dreamcast days.

I still say you need to put Knuckles into an open sandbox style adventure game onthe floating island.

Not a bad idea but if SEGA actually did that they'll force themselves to add that collect the emerald shards thing again. They should make Knuckles his own game and make it like how it was in S&K and add some beat-em up style gameplay in it. And no freakin wack rap music in every level. Thats just not cool.

You know what I want? Everyone to play and shut up! I play games to have fun. I don't play or buy them so that I may rant and rave about what problems I knew the game was going to have.

Although I will say that SEGA needs to stop forcing players to play every single one of their characters in order to acquire and beat the final story in their games. That's a lot to suffer through as far as glitches go to play the Super characters... for less than ten minutes. Is it really too much to ask for to play as the Supers in the levels like the old games did? :(

If I get roses, I'll be thankful. If I get a steaming bag of crap, I'll complain. Guess which SEGA has been sending us for Valentine's day lately? Well, it isn't always a steaming bag of crap, but its somewhere between that and the roses, so I'll continue to make suggestions.

Hell though, it isn't as though I'm condemning them. I liked Shadow and I'll probably like Next if I ever play it. However, I won't pretend that they are great games or that they are even Sonic games.

Hell though, it isn't as though I'm condemning them. I liked Shadow and I'll probably like Next if I ever play it. However, I won't pretend that they are great games or that they are even Sonic games.

@ DW: I'm thinking about buying Shadow, tell me is it as enjoyable as the Dreamcast versions of SA & SA2?

Its fun. The first time you beat it, then it becomes a good coster set. ^_^

Just don't use any vehicles, and use the homing attack to a complete minimum. Its the glitches thing in the whole game. You're better off with using guns in my book. Better to miss with bullets than with your whole body.

Am I right?

uh, well if we just played and not ranted and raved about whats wrong with them, then- wouldn't we end up playing the same thing over and over again?

What?

The point is, you buy it knowing it's going to be riddled with glitches (and knowing that complaining has yet to convince SEGA that they need to start getting their ____ together) and then proceed to complain some more about the glitches you already knew the game was going to have. If you like the game despite the glitches, that's another story. But half of the people who buy the Sonic games anymore express great hatred for them... and still purchase every single game that comes out. It makes absolutely no sense.

Also, Link, I have no idea how you found the homing attack to be so glitchy in Shadow. I didn't seem to have any trouble with it. :P

Its fun. The first time you beat it, then it becomes a good coster set. ^_^

<snip review>

Am I right?

NO F*CKING NO YOUR NOT RIGHT. Why exactly would you waste 20-50$?

I would play it over and finish the game, then leave it in the box like any other guy. I mean just leave it somewhere, dont freaking say " LOL THIS GAME SUXXOR COASTR TIME ". If you dont like the game either:

1.) Sell it

2.) Save it

3.) Give it

Forum Rage over.