A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Which DS Game...

Eminence

Some WWE game? I dunno...

Elite Beat Agents

Kirby Squeak Squad or Canvas Curse

Clubhouse Games

Star Fox Command

New Super Mario Bros.

Yoshi's Island DS

Phoenix Wright (now at a budget price! - perfect for your pare...erm...Santa. Sorry, I almost ruined your Xmas.)

Trauma Center (if you can find it)

Brain Age

Pick one of those that you don't have and go nuts. Deez nutz.

You may notice the lack of Metroid. Yeah...I don't likes it too much. Same with Sonic Rush.

i currently only own Sonic Rush, and its Time Attack is enough to make it more fun than that Garbage truck which is Sonic the Hedgehog.

Which i playeed a demo of in Best Buy today and was COMPLETELY and UTTERLY dissapointed. The homing attack has a frigging delay on it, the acceleration is HORRIBLE, grinding sucks, the camera is worse than Sonic Adventure's, and the engine overall was such a HUGE step down from Heroes that it isnt even funny.

Not only that, the animations are horrible and the game in full feels Unfinshed.

Maybe it was because it was a demo...but i highly doubt they would commercialize that.

Haha. Get real, Sereph, that didn't just happen. That delay's been there ever since the first trailer of Sonic doing a homing attack in Next. The delay was installed as just that- to be a break in the action so that people could position themselves for the next attack. People have complained countless times about being thrown out into the middle of nowhere by a homing attack, with the delay, this is much less likely. Also, they had some oldarse demo up for download. So yes, they certainly would commercialize crap. 'Cuz they know we'll buy it up instantaneously.

Of course, I'm totally not going to argue whether or not it's garbage. From what I've seen I have every reason to believe it is. It sucks, because I was pretty excited about it. Still though, someone please explain the overall point of Tetris. How do I win?

Well, from a Sonic Heroes standpoint (game with the best engine so far..)

Homing attack rarely caused me problems. Hell, all you have to do is point the analog in the direction of your enemy/object to attack and it automatically did it for you, no problems whatsoever.

I always saw the homing attack delay in Sonic the Hedgehog trailers, but i never noticed it was...a delay, persay. I myself sometimes delay in the air during homing attacks just to look cool, but it COMPLETELY rapes the flow if you have to delay each time before you can attack.

I just dont see how the engine is such a step down from what they've already accomplished. Its ____ing absurd, why is the engine for that game so horrible?

Well, off that game, Sonic Rush is a pretty good investment IMO. The 2 screens make a CLEAR difference in the gameplay, because if youve played Multiplayer Sonic Rush, playing with 1 screen is even worse than playing Sonic Advance 3 at Turbo speed. It just goes to show that sonic games cant be played on small screens, and i think Rush did it pretty well. The levels are more than fun to play (the last levels are simply a blast to play though.), and trying to beat your own ghost with different characters is awsome. (Although sonic is 2x the speed of Blaze, blaze can reach new spots in the level with her Tricks. I dont know if it was on purpose, but it balances out really well, and gives me a challenge within my own skill.)

Im gonna try to get Metroid Hunters ( online multiplayer looks amazing), and Mario Kart. (been playing it every other day in science class with 2 other DS wielders. ____load of fun, even though we only have 1 gamecard.)

New Super Mario bros i havent really played yet, but the Single Cart multiplayer mode is to DIE for. (tons of fun, someone needs to try it.)

You should've totally been able to tell, because in every single video they throw in that "tutally ahsumz" bit where Sonic does a completely pointless 360 in midair. :P

"It just goes to show that sonic games cant be played on small screens, and i think Rush did it pretty well."

Lawl, well that's a complete load. What it goes to show is simply that Sonic games are better played when you can actually see around you. Had they designed the levels horizontally as opposed to having that vertical aspect, a widescreen would've served it's purpose just fine. Put it this way: the PSP is small, but I guarantee it'd be just fine for Sonic games. Also, I distinctly remember having fun with Sonic 2 on GameGear.

Slinger: I totally don't own NSMB. Then again, the DS is technically my sister's. She doesn't own it either tho'. You totally phail.

I really want one of those WiFi stick thingies, but since my mom is supposedly getting my sis a screen for the other computer it makes more sense to just set up a real wireless network.. unless the DS WiFi stick works for other things as well.. which I doubt.

Multiplayer NSMB is win. Anytime someone I know has it and we both have our DS's around, I usually end up playing. My first night at freshmen orientation for school went like this:

@Lunch

Kid Sitting next to me: Hey I'm playing my DS too! What game you got?

PG: New Super Mario Bros. Second playthough.

Kid: Cool I'm almost done I think.

10PM

Kid: hey wanna play mario bros?

PG: Ok

::we sit in his room in our boxxors playing Mario for probably over an hour, then some mario kart before lights out. PG and Kid find out they have every class together. PG and kid become close college friends. NSMB makes more people happy::

Final Fantasy III is awesome. Totally true to the original, and they really pushed the DS's abilities.