A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U

I've been pleased with all of the updates so far. 2 of my rotations (Luigi and Sonic, Wolf and Jigglypuff still MIA) from the last game are confirmed and I'm looking forward to the power ups that Zero Suit Samus is receiving.

-- Very happy to see them separate the transform characters and equip them with their own Down+B. It's something I was hoping they would do, especially since ZSS and Zelda were my two favorites.

-- great to see the characters heading in a more technical direction. Changes to Lucario and Olimar are nice and Rosalina's is actually interesting. The newcomers are looking pretty solid too. 

-- ooo lawd Samus

-- The footage seems to include some hitstun capacity for natural combos. Hopefully they aren't just not spamming the dodge button like in Brawl early footage, and this won't be a dreadful game of camptag.

-- Custom Movesets is very intriguing. I wonder if this is Nintendo's method of preemptive balancing?

Anyway it looks like the Namco staff is being put to good use. I'm actually going to look forward to this over Project M now.

My 2 wishes from here on: 

1) Directional Air dodge option in custom movesets please

2) Final Destination Mode is sweet and all, but platforms are kind of important too. Hopefully there's a "Battlefield" variation to these maps as well. 

I need this game. Between customizable move sets, COLOR GAME TV 15, and every stage having a Final Destination variant (among all the other new things) it's definitely gotten me excited about video games. I really want Greninja and Sheik to duke it out.

With Villager and Little Mac as fighters (and Sonic returning) this Smash is pretty much bringing all my oddball requests I've had since age 7 into reality. Now, if we can get Shulk from Xenoblade and Ray M.K. II from Custom Robo in here I'm not sure I'll ever need another Smash Bros. Also everyone hates the idea of it for some reason but I'm really hoping the Pacster joins the fray.

Video games, man. Phew.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm so glad that they got actual well-known competitive Smashers to take part. Ken, Hungrybox, PPMD, aMSa, Toph, Hugs, KoreanDJ, and they even got Prog and D1 commentating. No Mew2king is a bit of a disappointment but I guess he's not the sort of person Nintendo representing the game.

Edited by BlitznBurst
  • Like 1