A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

LIZARDMEN - Not a Sonic game, but... try it!

Darkleo

Hi there! This is my new game, LIZARDMEN and old schoold platform game!

:)DESCRIPTION:

Dragonia is in danger! The evil Daimon is wake up and wants his revenge! You must be find all the fire emblems by using the particular abilities of Doku, Pyro and Flea, three Lizardmen then lives on Dragonia. In the game you will find 8 levels, save system, boss stages and a beautiful shop where you can spend your golds in very useful items! Come on, Dragonia needs your help!!!

:)SCREENSHOTS:

screen1re4.gif

mapfs6.gifscreen2xz0.gif

:)DOWNLOAD:

LIZARDMEN (ZIP FILE, 1.92MB) (right click, then "save target as...")

if doesn't work

http://www.lionsoft.altervista.org/lizardmenENG.htm

:) Enjoy! :)

I only had time for one level but I will update the rest of my thoughts when I play more

*The story cutscene is nice, very nicely animated.

*The Characters are new to me, originality scores big in my book!

*The stages were well put together, nice paralax and design!

*The enemies are new to me too, great job!

*The coins and collectables are a nice touch to keep the game going.

*The player controls is well put together, I like that fireball technique.

*The map screen is nicely done, status and all, good work!

*That underwater stage is awesome, nice underwater movement!

(More to come later!)

DISLIKES:

*The text is too bright (Light green) in one of the speech bubbles.

(That's it! So far so good!)

Overall score: This game is great! I mean it looks so professional, like if nintendo created it, Highly original and very fun.

I will review more to you once I play further but other than that, fantastic job so far.

Outstanding!:D 90%

(and will probably go higher when I return to review you more!)

Nice game there. I love the gameplay elements to that.

First of all, the music suited the game looks very well.

The cutscenes were animated very well, but like TRD said, the green text was a little off putting.

The graphics were great, and made the game brought to life. It suited the game very well.

Over all and good job!

-Amesuki

(85%)

Hey Darkleo,

I gotten alittle bit farther in your game, so here's my final review:

*The store is a nice feature, basic but nice.

*Nice save feature.

*Collectables make my day, I tell ya, I can't get enough of them!

Well that's it, bumped up to a 95%!

I have to praise you for originality. Nice game.

Whoa doggy, I wouldn't say originality is this game's strong point. As a matter of fact, this is about as much a retro throwback tribute type thing as Woodstock '99. But that same attempt at emulating yesteryear is what makes this game kinda cool. Cool... in a retro-snerd awesome kind of way.

Oh, thats wonderboy III: The dragon's trap. I did never see a fangame of that game. I liked so much the game gear version. I recomend everybody to play that game. Now, i am going to test your game.

I've played all 2 versions (ms and gg) but the master system version have a point up then gamegear in my opinion!:)

Lizardmen is not a WonderBoy3 fan game, because the story is totally different but some of the graphic is ripped by that (wonderful) game!:D

Well, let's say conclusions.

1. After a few game overs and a few complaints about.... OMFG thats what a platform game should be. Even it's simple, like some old games, gameplay is excellent. This game brings me some memories about wonderboy 3.

2. Opening:

Well... my eyes did hurt me. I did notice only half of the main charater's text, and nothing about that big dragon conversation. It's uggly. Text needs more contrast. A lot.

2.Level 1-Beach

Well, first level is amazing. It do follow more/less the same structure of WB3, but a bit more linear. Level doesnt look repetitive even if there is no hazards here. I liked it so much.

3.Level 2-Deep forest

Oh, it looks great with the forest background from WB3. It is a more complete level than prevo¡ious. Mud and floating trunks were a good surprise.

4.Level 3-Ruins

Another amazing level. The difficult is ok and the level was really fun.

5.Boss 1- Mushroom

Well, boss was very simple. Easy even for a first boss (there are only 3). The only thing i complaint about this is that is very hard to notice when you can hurt him. I did notice it by casuality. You should make him to change animation or tio make some kind of movement to make player notice he is doing something different and maybe it's the chance to hurt him. Make him invencible when he's shooting but after that he is vulnerable will make players to dont notice, because if they try to hit him when he is shooting, and they don't damage him, after the fire they would think he is already invencible.

6.Level 4- Tower

Well. this level is also something original. It reminds me to one level in dynamite heady, but this one is pretty hard. Platforms sometimes are not synchronized with the player movements and you have to wait until next time it comes at you, but, if the clound you are on don't dissapear, the bottom will catch you.

7.Level 5- Volcano

Ow. The worst thing on this level was that it's too hard to notice that you have to play with the red lizard. I didnt even know that i was able to play as another character so i lost a few tries here. Also, when i began playing with the red lizard i though he was fire-resistant so i lost another try falling into magma. Level is a bit exciting because of the short jump of that character. Also, in the end, the rising magma was really annoying. I got a game over once after lose 3 tries by hitting the ceiling of the last platform.

8.Boss 2- Zombie dragon

It do follow the same movement than his version on GG. But it's much harder. I think this boss is even harder than final boss... until i found how to avoid his slime balls.

9.Level 6- Snow

Well, first i thought "no way, i won't fall in the trap again" so i played with the blue lizard... and i failed. There should be something to alert you wich are the characters you are able to play this level because you can get trapped.

10.Level 7- Desert

And i did it again, i got trapped because of i played as blue lizardman. Now things are getting really hard. Pyramid is really really hard, but a nice challenge after all.

11.Level 8- Mountain

Well, level is sooo beautiful, but it do gives the feeling of "something bad is going to happen". And that's true. I was going to tell you one thousand of bad things after i reached the part where you have to move over a moving cloud, but, what the hell, its the last level! it's normal to find a hard last level but i think that part is excesive hard. I lost like 10 tries here. It was a pain in the ass to return here to find the emblem. Anyway, its a good level. it did impresed me.

12.Boss 3-Vampire dragon.

Again a boss that moves symilar to the GG version. Easy to find the way to hurt him. It shouldbe a better challenge if you added a 2nd or even a 3rd fight. In the game it's easy to have lots of tries so, who cares?

13.Extras

It has a very nice replayability, but a forced one. If you wish to face boss you have to complete the emblems. Some of them are good positioned. Easy to notice. for example, on first level i do remember when i saw a platform i was not able to reach and later on level 3 a button inside an inaccesible zone. I did though that you will be able to have new habilities but instead you have different characters. I like the idea. But other emblems are hard to figure, like the level 2 one.

Also, I liked the new parts you find when searching for the emblems. I did though it was going to be a boring "replay until you find it" but it was a nice feature to have new and challenging areas. I liked the pyramid and the sky parts specially.

14.Music

Well, there are some remixes for most of the 8 bit music you have. Anyway, tunes are ok

15.Conclusions

It did need a better ending xD. Well, this game did remind me a lot the GG game like i said. In the 3rd level, for example, when i were hurted once, i was waiting for the WB3 movement and sound, but it didnt play XD. Anyway, liked this a lot, and i hope to see more soon.

9.5/10

Its bad that WB3 is as unknow that most of people thinks music and backgrounds are original.

*points to self* =D

BF's review makes me really want to play it. T_T

Btw, you might want to put a spoiler tag on that BF, as I now know all the bosses and levels without even playing it.