A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic comes out tommorow

shadowgoten

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i got my copy today. it has its ups and downs. Ive never seens so many load screens in my life though, c'mon is it really nessasary to loadscreen for a 3 line dialogue box then load screen for a 5 second minigame, then load screen for the blasted score tally screen then load screen again to get back to the town map? the 360 has multiple processors and a crap load of other high end stuff built in, in this day and age load tiems should be very minimal. When the only thing i remember from playing a game for 6 hours is "now loading" with a picture of a map of soleanna. somebody friggen failed in the design process.

also the over used alot of the same gimics. theres 3 board riding stages for sonic. there are about 4 instances with a lot of anime styled flick-flacking off of random objects like with the number pads in sonic adventure. which ill admit was fun at first but after the frequeant deaths from being catapuled in to oblivion or getting screwed by a camera that locks you in place.... oy...

Never had a problem with those autojump sequences. I did have some bad memories of Silver and Tropical Jungle with the camera, though...

Anyway, I finished Last Episode an hour ago. No spoilers, just general opinion from me and vague details about the last level and boss, but still spoiler tagged.

Last Episode isn't as epic as I'd thought it to be. The final level is uh, original. And weird. It's only okay.

The last boss was pretty good. And the music is made of ultimate win. I was hugely bothered by the fact that you CAN'T MOVE FORWARD though. The fight was a lot less epic because of hindered movement and the fact that the effects are pretty...generic. Yeah, I use 'epic' a lot. Oh, and the boss itself doesn't look so great. Rush job?

My final opinion on the story: The people at Sonicteam need to learn storywriting. :< It may be deep (as in, deeper than other Sonic games - which doesn't say a lot), but it still ends up pretty generic. The CGs are dead sexy though.

Oh, and whatever happened to Knuckles' duty on Angel Island? Poor dude gets stuck into stories like this and that. :| I bet the Master Emerald's real lonely.

And they played Elise's theme for the credits...a medium paced loveydovey song. Sorry, ain't into that kinda music! And then His World. Again.

Overall I enjoyed Last Episode, but it felt so haphazard compared to the others. Redeem yourself, Sonic! One day!

So yeah. Now that I've finished the flesh of the game, I'm gonna dig into the bone. Hurrah for my piss-poor analogies. I hear that S-Ranking all lets Super forms be playable outside of Last Episode...

Sounds like 1UP.com, alright... <_<

Not only 1up.com, but I went everywhere. I don't half ass this type of thing Aero. I have a network and set of forums that I check when it comes to "big" releases like these. Then I try to calculate my own conclusions. Sure theres always the go out and buy it approach but I have very limited funds these days and no 360, so I want to see if the game is worth noting as a something to buy, and frankly, right now it isn't. Maybe might mind might change later when I get an opportunity to play the game, but I don't see that happening the near future. I'd go more into detail about my process, but I just got a rom of Summon Night 2, and I want to play it.

Its not only medicore anymore, its becoming a plain let down. EDGE has given this game a 3/10 now Sonic Heroes got a 5/10 from them, so I have next to no idea why its getting such a low grade. I thought this game wouldn't be great, but at least it be a step in the right direction, but now its not even looking like that anymore. Its all gone to pots, oh well I get to try the game out next week to see just how bad it is, I'm no longer expecting a decent play through...

= (

I'm still gonna give it a chance... 5ish was what Sonic Riders was getting at and yet it was a pretty decent game, despite being way too slow for a racer.

and from the reviews I've read (including the 1up review), their griping about the same old stuff. So regardless, this game IS an improvement over SA2 and SA. I think the review people are just getting less and less tolerated with the fact that the Sonic engine continues to be so bugged. I got kind of excited when I saw 1up praising upon the level design.

None of the reviews I've read have mentioned whether the story was at a mentionable degree either.

"I'm still gonna give it a chance... 5ish was what Sonic Riders was getting at and yet it was a pretty decent game, despite being way too slow for a racer."

Haha. Tell that to my High School's Anime/Gaming Club. I agree though, I liked Sonic Riders.

"So regardless, this game IS an improvement over SA2 and SA. I think the review people are just getting less and less tolerated with the fact that the Sonic engine continues to be so bugged."

Agreed. That one guy from Play must've looked at it from a different perspective. One like "3D Sonic games have bugs, everyone knows that so let me not even think of that and just do it from a strictly 'Sonic game' standpoint." And with an approach like that the game probably is indeed a great Sonic game, it's just that it's got bugs that people not so crazy over Sonic will easily get pissed about.

"None of the reviews I've read have mentioned whether the story was at a mentionable degree either."

For real. ;-;

SG: So, like. Should I wait until Xmas or something when I might get an X360 to finish Rush?

Actually I hear that the storyline and scenes present are the best aspects of the game. Kulock from MoogleMB had this too say...

There's no joking, the people working on the CG now are doing absolute knock-out work, a full movie of it would really look fantastic. I was getting a serious Kingdom Hearts vibe from the writing, visuals and music.

I don't think his been too impressed with the gameplay mind.

Hopefully if Sonic Team is smart they'll do a hotfix for the serious bugs on the Xbox marketplace. At least with this generation of games it isn't exactly REQUIRED to make a rerelease of a game for hotfixes.

1/4 through the game. Loading times are the worst ever. It's just as glitchy as the old games, but I don't mind because the level design is actually pretty good. Tails and Knuckles suck to play as so far; they're waaay too slow. Silver's levels have been interesting, but have caused lagging for me for some reason.

Iblis = Lava Chaos?