A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The bitch is back.

Professor-J

Thats right S-B has returneth, I would have been back long ago but I was told the site shutdown (which I believed to be true because the url changed for about a week of so didn't it?) but then someone at SCD mentioned this place so I figured it must still be up and running. Anyway, a fresh art topic I think because I'm not the n00b artist I used to be:

genesispreviewxn8.png

CLICK THE PREVIEW TO GO TO THE DEVIANTART PAGE

International Sonic in Genesis style, probably my greatest achievement yet as an artist, I think I got the style near perfect on my first attempt at it. Naturally people have complained with things like "omg it needs black eyes, shorter spikes and legs, needs to be thinner and needs pointier shoes" and I've just lol'd at those people because there is obviously some part of NOT RETRO SONIC they don't understand.

Anyway enjoy, ;)

• Like 1

I like how fur artists copyright their art as if:

A) Any company would EVER want to use it for anything even remotely commercial

B) They own the copyright to the character they are drawing. Newsflash, you CANNOT copyright a picture you drew of sonic. (Extra points for acknowledging that Sega owns the copyright to sonic, but going ahead and adding a copyright notice anyways)

B) They own the copyright to the character they are drawing. Newsflash, you CANNOT copyright a picture you drew of sonic. (Extra points for acknowledging that Sega owns the copyright to sonic, but going ahead and adding a copyright notice anyways)

Well DA does add that little "© so and so" under the image, but yea, he went and typed it in the description. Kinda silly.

Sonic's body is a tad funky. His arms are positioned in an awkward manner (why is his left (your right) arm bent like that? How often does someone who's not a catortionist bend it like that?) and the shoulders (well, Sonic doesn't have any really, just where the top of his arm starts) should be shifted down just a wee bit, as they seem to start right below his head.

The highlights on the shoes and ring just don't seem right. Can't put my finger on it. Maybe blur up the edges a tiny bit?

Other than that, the coloring is really nice, and while the background isn't my style, it's nice too.

People put that at the bottom of their artwork so other people don't use it without their permission, it means nothing but if a 9 year old wants to take the image and say they did it they're gonna think twice if they see that.

Picture is excellent otherwise. +1 rep.

People give rep for good artwork? Wow thanks.

Thanks for the comments as well guys, I should have more artwork done soon, I might try Blaze next.