A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SEGA On their Transitioning, Mobile and the Sonic series

MTwinny

It's an interesting interview.

I have mixed thoughts on the "7-11 year olds is the strongest age group who love Sonic" bit.

Yeah....hopefully that's what he thinks. I'm mean sure, the target demographics is kids somewhat but older fans still play the games too.

In my experience, most gamer-type people I know only found out about Sonic later on in their life, usually around Brawl's release. That or they have vague memories of playing Sonic 1 or 2 brought back by me showing them the game. I like to think there are just as many people near my age (19) as the kiddies playing these games still.

Yeah yeah whatever helps me sleep at night

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't know a single kid who even knows who sonic is. I don't know where their results are coming from as the only people I know that plays sonic are older people... Unless those results are in Japan, in which case I can understand that.

Really? I'm a high school art teacher and I've kids from all grades, so that's an age bracket of 12-18, coming up to me and taking about Sonic. The bag I take to school with all my stuff is a Sonic shoulder bag. I always get comments on it and lots of the kids talk about how they enjoy the games. Sonic is defiantly known to kids, at least here in Australia.

Really? I'm a high school art teacher and I've kids from all grades, so that's an age bracket of 12-18, coming up to me and taking about Sonic. The bag I take to school with all my stuff is a Sonic shoulder bag. I always get comments on it and lots of the kids talk about how they enjoy the games. Sonic is defiantly known to kids, at least here in Australia.

Sounds like your place is better then mine. But thing is... I'm in america. Kids here think that its a requirement to only play COD.

And would you believe this, my friends little brother had friends that were making fun the wii, I asked them to name a SINGLE Nintendo character and they could not name none, they had no idea who mario was. How is this possible? guess its what SWAG does to people.

Are you really friends with Swagfags? 
And it wasn't used as a prison thing, it was created by gay men in Hollywood that secretly made group during the 60's.
Swag just needs to be dead right now because I am tired of kids being little douchebags thinking they run the place.
I just wish there was more Punk/heavy metal people around my school. And Joe, don't bother being like them, trust me and everyone
else here that hates SWAG with a passion. Never liked it before and now. 

Edit: But I prefer Shadon's version that they're the butt slaves in prison... which makes sense since they sag like they still
think that's cool.

Edited by BlurProdOG

Well yeah but it started in Hollywood though but we know where we're getting at. Not to mention how small are the freshmen this year, nowhere above my chest. They look like elementary kids to me, they are THAT small dude. 

Okay, now we're getting off topic =P
I wish we can complain about this to the public but I doubt that'll be allowed as a topic.