A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Your Username's Origin?

Riseodvi

I used to go by Neogamer0012 and NeoKaos. When I was about 13 I decided needed a cooler nickname to stand out as an L337 Star Wars Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight. Looking around the net it seemed like people used words phrases or words that didn't make much sense. So I decided I should do something similar. As I recall I liked the idea of being an Over achiever but that is seems a bit too generic. So I added the word Bound and here I am.

I used to go by Neogamer0012 and NeoKaos. When I was about 13 I decided needed a cooler nickname to stand out as an L337 Star Wars Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight. Looking around the net it seemed like people used words phrases or words that didn't make much sense. So I decided I should do something similar. As I recall I liked the idea of being an Over achiever but that is seems a bit too generic. So I added the word Bound and here I am.

Don't lie, you got the "Bound" from Earthbound, right?

The Beta in my name comes from the fact that I enjoy researching unused and dummied out content from earlier versions of video games, sided up with my overwhelming desire to be second best at everything I do. (Beta is the second character in the greek alphabet.) ICome to think of it, my old common username was BLEAH (It is pronounced by making a gagging noise and a scream of pain at the same time.), which also started with B.

The man part of the username comes from the fact that it sounded weird with just "Beta", and I figured that most sites would already have a member named Beta.

Funnily enough, there's actually more to my name that that. My full name is *Insert Adjective Here* Betaman. The unused part comes from an inside joke with friends on how I'd refer to myself in third person and use a different adjective to describe myself. It's unused because it's way too freaking long, but if I can't get just Betaman, I'll put IAH-Betaman as a sort of reference to the full thing.

Arkenova..

Well, one of my usernames of another forum was ArksisEternal and another was pknova2010 (I was heavily into the Earthbound fandom at the time), so I mashed both together to create Arkenova.

Who knew it stuck to me? Probably because it sounds so awesome.

• Like 1

Originally way back in 2007 of these forums, I had the cheesiest name, Daniel5567 or some sort. It was my first name with random numbers added at the end for some oddball reason. I then went to Daniel55679 and then Daniel55679Games when I discovered that Multimedia Fusion 2 was a thing. In 2008, I was signing up for Xdrive (Dropbox wasn't known that much back then!), and then I didn't know what user name to pick. It then suggested "dnlhern", which is basically my first name without any vowels, and the first four letters of my last name. I thought it was absolutely brilliant at the time and I took it. Fast forward to today. While my username on the forum is just Daniel now (I prefer being called my actual name now rather than "DNL".), dnlhern still stuck with me, as I use it on Gmail, Tumblr (I'm at a different URL right now, might use dnlhern for a personal blog), Twitter, and a few others.

I'm too attached to dnlhern to ever give it up.

Incredibly Lame Acronym.

I came up with a cheesy title for an overly ambitious project that whose name was probably more than a little inspired by Time Attacked (although I probably didn't realize it at the time). I adopted it as my username and now everywhere I go, I'm some variant of 'DW'.

• 3 weeks later...

I made this username in the mid 90s well before Sonic Adventure came out. I used a few different ones back then, but this one somehow ended up becoming prominent. Chaos is the opposite of Perfection and I was into Megaman at the time, thus the Zero at the end. Like straight up hurhurfancharacter Zero super mode. Hey, I was like, 10 or 11 or some shit back then, what can I say? Imagine my surprise when there's a Chaos 0 and a Perfect Chaos in a srs Sonic game a few years later. Odd coincidence, but at that point I'd already reached a level of being known enough that there was no value in changing my username, especially since most people knew me as PC0 anyway. Thus, it's stayed that way for almost two decades now.

• Like 1

When I was very young (idk how old) I played a game on the cbbc website which was removed. I think the game was called raven and at the beginning if you put your first name and last name on the text box it would make a name for you (raven was a cbbc TV show that had children go through challenges like Takeshi's castle but with children and not so much pain) . I started to use the name more when the game was removed and somehow I reminded myself of the name and the game. the username I was using before I remembered the name fahyda was davidthepup which was from a game I haven't played in years called club penguin.

Edited by fahyda

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My username came from 3 of my favourite cars: the Lamborghini Aventador, the Lamborghini Reventon and the Shelby Cobra 427.

It may even think of adding "GTH" after my username because Ford GT is also another favourite car, TH is a generic sign for "The Hedgehog" and H is the first letter of my real name (Hélio).

Now that's what I call complex, lol

I just thought of it as based in the word reventar.

Explanation: Reventador in spanish (and portuguese, I think?) means something along the lines of 'blower' (as in blowing things up) or 'exploder'.

In portuguese it's "rebentador", while in spanish it's with v replacing the b.

LOL