A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The "Sonic: Edge of Darkness" Thread

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well I've been away for quite some time haven't I? Apologies for that.

Anyway I'd like to ask how the projects going, I plan on starting the soundtrack from scratch, I've improved dramatically from the last time I was here and I'm not very happy with the last soundtrack preview I sent Delta.

So yeah, Expect some new compositions soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Work on the game will most likely resume sometime over the weekend. Well, not on my end anyway because my computer crapped out on me. All of my files are still there but it's like they've disappeared. I will be getting it fixed probably tomorrow, but once I do, I will be getting back into making, editing, revamping, and finishing the tilesets.

• 3 weeks later...

So this thread has been in a dire need for an update on how things are going.

Things have been really slow lately, especially since Delta does not have access to his tilesets, objects, etc. For the time being, I decided to sit down for a couple hours a day in my spare time to work on this:

dHYPX5C.png

90dI73i.png

rowdQJk.png

Room editor was absolutely horrendous. At least at this part. Picture was too big so I just put it in a spoiler.

Any suggestions before further changes are taken into account would be appreciated. :icon_wink:

BY THE WAY, I have the soundtrack in my game files folder. I've had them for a while aha.

I feel like there may be some sarcasm embedded within the post above, Blitzn.

Anyway, I like the amount of detail in the level! It's really coming along nicely. Only thing that sticks out to me is how pillowed the tips of the grass sprites look, but that's a pretty minor detail. Keep up the good work, SuperBliz!

I feel like there may be some sarcasm embedded within the post above, Blitzn.

Yes I was using sarcasm. LOL.

Anyway, I like the amount of detail in the level! It's really coming along nicely. Only thing that sticks out to me is how pillowed the tips of the grass sprites look, but that's a pretty minor detail. Keep up the good work, SuperBliz!

Aha you can thank Delta for that, he's the graphics guy. I just do the programming and putting together. (x

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...