A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SFGHQ Statistics - Day 1

Smidge204

It's been a little over 24 hours since I installed some logging code into the scripts on SFGHQ's main site. Let's see what we came up with!

23 hours 57 minutes 13 seconds in sample period

4701 logged entries (non-unique page requests across the entire site)

342 unique IP addresses

~860MB of bandwidth used (785MB was ZIP files)

Approximately 6 minutes 17 seconds of CPU time used processing scripts.

view_info.php seems to be the most computationally expensive (Average 110ms per view), closely followed by sprites.php. Optomizing view_info.php (which is also the most accessed file, used by all sections of the site) would likely reap the most benefits.

I love numbers... though take these with a grain of salt, since the logging system and processing methods are very crude. Should be "good enough" though.

=Smidge=

Every once in a while I can't log on or access the site/forum, but with a quick refresh, it's all good. Again, thank you, Smidge, for restoring the forum & main site. Honestly, I don't know what any of those numbers mean.

But you can add something to the list over the past 24 hours:

Nailings = 4 [A NEW RECORD!!]

Just kidding. Good to hear that things are going "good enough."

What I think Azu ment, was create a forum section where people can put bg's, tutorials, etc, and they can be downloaded there.(?)

I wouldn't recommend it though.. enough people are ignorant towards the site as is. =P

I would prefer a submitions section on the fourms simaler to MFZ's. This Idea is simaler to Azu's in a way because on MFZ I sometimes get the sprite from the fourms before they get added to the site. Also this could increase submitions of useable stuff (like BGs)

But then again we'd need the proper programs to just even open the files. (we should be good on Click Team Products and Game maker)

Of course what I prefer can be disregarded in this case if need be.

I personally think, that SFGHQ isnt quite ready for something like that. A lot of people neglect the site, and don't use it. MFZ does it, but people take full knowledge of the site too.

Maybe once SFGHQ's main site, gets the attention it needs, then that could be a considered idea.

September 24, 2006

Dear Verizon FiOS Customer

By:Smidge204

To whomever tried to download Sonic Battle III 54 times in under 2 minutes on Sunday, September 24th 2006 at approximately 12:17PM Eastern US time and has Verizon FiOS internet service:

You have BROADBAND, asshat. Uninstall the download manager... or at least learn how to f'ing use it. I hope it corrupted your download (which would probably explain why you did it three times...)

=Smidge=

Using his newfound super powers, Smidge can now find and harass stupidity without it ever setting foot on the forum.