A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

TGS info o; (PS3-centric atm)

SefirothDB

PS3 centric 'cuz I'm too lazy to add other systems. I didn't do it the other 6 times I copied and pasted and I won't do it now :P It originally comes from a topic I created in a private console subforum in my MMORPG guild >_>

This contains several posts with different dates merged in one, so some games will get repeated.

'k, watch how noone cares XD

Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Ever heard that rumor saying "DMC3 would appear on X360 to prepare users for the next gen sequel"? Well, this was due to a misinterpretation on a release list, but if you replace DMC3 with Ninja Gaiden and X360 with PS3, you'd have a quite possible scenario. Yes, Tecmo is porting NG to Sony's next generation system (Apparently it's PS3 Exclusive atm):

- No release date yet

- This is considered the "complete edition" of Ninja Gaiden

- Racheal is playable

- New stages, battle engine will be improved and upgraded

- Graphics and direction is going for a major overhaul. CG replaced with realtime cutscenes.

- New weapons, dual katana wielding

- Currently 25% on development.

Scan.

And God, it looks awesome, it's a remake rather than a port and manages to crap on a lot of the so-called next gen games. Hell, Ryu looks better than in DOA4 and DOA4 only has to render 2 characters, thanks to self shadowing. And the images shown (not the ones I'm linking to) are 1080p. I said wow.

1 2 3

They did tone down the plasticy look ^_^

Woah, apparently ingame Rachel.

VIDEO.

---

Also, it's worth noting that a new batch of Motorstorm pics were released. Can't figure out why the hell they make them so small (perhaps the Famitsu agreements?) because later on other of the websites will scale them up and they'll look like ____. I'm not interested in the game per se, but in motion it's entertaining to say the least.

2002518065264366553_rs.jpg

2002531032240275208_rs.jpg

2002561157657452941_rs.jpg

---

And finally, MGS4 scans. No introduction needed.

PS3 GETS A PRICEDROP... in Japan. The PS3 20gb core will have HDMI and retail for a full 10,000yen less than before... at an acceptable 49,980 (~$400) range after tax. Make it happen worldwide, Sony!

Well, this renders the $600 model pretty much useless. Sony better kill the expensive one and release only the 20gb SKU with that price for the rest of the world :P

lole beaten.

And the 60GB version will have two HDMI ports for super letterbox display on side-by-side HDTVs.

Ken fulfilling promises? Uncanny. This must be a sign that the end is nigh. Repent! D:

---

Monster Kingdom: Unknown Realm

Designed by the Shin Megami Tensei creator, it's more of a low key game, but certainly worth checking thanks to it's strange art direction. Screw bald marines in spacesuits, give me fantasy settings instead :P

Video (Right click -> save as)

---

Ridge Racer 7

It's Riiiiidge Racer. Riiiiiiiiidge Raceeeer. And here's a video. That's all you need to know.

The game features an interesting online ranking mode, king of the hill-esque where only the best player will be able to achieve the top rank (The Ridge Racer). Expect some random japanese dude to take the spot and keep it for years.

And it looks quite decent. Could Namco be finally getting the hang of next gen programming? I hope so. We need a Klonoa 3 as soon as possible :3

[Continued on the next post]

Resistance: Fall of Man

New vids at IGN

omg

resist15.jpg

And boxart.

And the official site is up.

Also, if anyone wants to know, Insomniac is working on a next gen Ratchet and Clank, they're not dropping the franchise and you can expect more on this by 2007.

---

Formula One

Vid.

Looks much better than before, but I'm not into racing games, so I'm not commenting >_>

---

Heavenly Sword

1 2 3 4

OH ____. PS3 is shaping up to be an awesome system for action games. <3

---

LAIR

1 2

Video released. Faith restored. It looks so very awesome and huge in motion... if this is just 35% of the build, 100% should be mindblowing. It's the sense of scale what gives it its charm. If other games like Resistance, PDZ and Warhawk are anything to go by, once it hits beta it could end up like the graphical showcase it was meant to be. I'm guessing the downgrade comes from the switch to native 1080p :/

---

Warhawk

Did I say Warhawk? You bet I did! Texture upgrade GET. Older build pic here for comparison purposes.

1 2 3

This one's only 50% complete. Massive online air battles ftmfw. Delayed to 2007... but better a good game then than a rushed pile of ____ at launch.

Youtubed vid.

---

Afrika

I don't know what the ____ is this, so grab the video (right click save as) and move on.

---

GT:HD Premium

1 2 3 4

THE Real Driving Simulator. Even for a simple, short demo, Polyphony impresses. Also, Ferraris. Online play. Car damage. Finally O:

Now get on your asses and use the GT5 engine to deliver OMEGA BOOST 2. Pretty please :<

---

Genji 2 (aka Giant Enemy Crabs)

Video

Looking much better than before, it's not ____ty like the E3's showing... prettly much the opposite now. Fantastic lighting, models, rich environments, post processing effects. I heard it also plays good, how strange O:

GIANT CRAB BOSS BATTLE!

[Continued]

White Knight Story

Website.

There's a video inside. Watch it. (Direct link right click save as).

Incredibly awesome looking Level 5 RPG. It is said to pursue a SOTC approach with huge monsters and whatnot, and considering their track record there's no reason not to be excited.

1 2 3 4 5

Sweet Jesus. The animation. THE ANIMATION.

- Free movement Action RPG

- Set your own combo type system, team attacks, White Knight transformation mode

- Highly interactive, enemies and allies talk normally.

- RPG evolution - enemies defend with their weapons and shields, main character shows that he was hurt when he got attacked

White Knight Story places an emphasis on scale. In addition to the giant White Knight himself, and a similarly sized rival Black Knight, you'll encounter large-scale cities and enemies that extend over 2000 meters in size. One turtle-like enemy carries a full town on its back!

White Knight Story has all the elements of a Japanese RPG, from giant, freely navigated fields of play to battles. The fields of play let you see far into the distance so that you can identify enemies from afar. Enemies will also spot you, and will combine forces to attack.

Hino revealed to Famitsu that one of the big goals of the battle system in White Knight Story was realism both on the visual and gameplay levels. The game uses some sort of complex animation blending system, which Hino feels could not be achieved on previous systems. Level 5 made its own capture studio in order to create the game.

The developer also shied away from some of the paradigms of RPGs, like turn-based battles and standard "attack/magic/item/flee" menus. Prior to battle, you go into a "Battle Preparation" menu to set up your party of up to three characters. Each character can be equipped with a "function palette," consisting of a string of skills and moves -- everything from kicks to sword slashes. Skills can be added to the palette freely as long as you follow simple rules about what can follow what.

During battle, you can freely switch between the characters in your party, but you only control one character at a time. In addition to moving your character around on the battle field, all you have to do is press circle to execute the currently equipped function palette. The character then executes the moves, which are blended together realistically using the slick animation system mentioned above.

A palette can store up to 7 skills. You can save palettes and switch between them, suggesting that preparing different palettes ahead of time will be a strategic part of the game.

So where does the White Knight fit into the gameplay? You can transform into the White Knight during battle once you've filled up a meter by attacking enemies while in human form. When transformed, you make use of a special function palette which offers up powerful attacks. When facing off against a giant enemy, you'll want to full up your transformation meter and transform as soon as possible.

The Tokyo Game Show will offer our first look at White Knight Story, which despite its recent unveiling, seems to be far along in development. Stay tuned for more details later in the week.

<3

Day one purchase.

---

Fatal Inertia

1 2 3 4 5 6

Woah. THIS is Fatal Inertia? I was talking trash of the image quality of the game not so long ago, but now it's like a different game. And by that I mean it won't make your eyes bleed. Seems that switch to UE3 has been put into good use.

Hands-on, along with Bladestorm.

Video.

While we poor mortals wait for Sony Liverpool (formerly known as Psygnosis) to drop the bomb on WipeOut PS3 (and a Team Buddies "PS Live Arcade" title please), futuristic racer fans might ease their pains with KOEI Canada's first game, assuming it plays good ;p

[Continued]

Virtua Tennis 3

1080p. Yes, 1080p. And it's an arcade perfect, God bless those AM guys at SEGA. Now get on with Afterburner Climax and House of the Dead ports <3

Rapist facial expressions included.

Vid.

Hands-on.

---

Mobile Ops (Mobile Suit Gundam: Target in Sight)

New images from Playslyde. This one's in 1080p too.

1 2 3

Not my cup of tea, the only mecha game I've ever loved was Zone of the Enders.

---

Virtua Fighter 5

Get the video while it's still hot. Another arcade perfect, and there's a sexy arcade stick peripheral for the hardcore fighting crowd.

---

Eye of Judgement

Weird stuff, and one of the most creative uses for the Eyetoy. This one debuted at E305 and plays like a real life Yu-gi-oh. Or something.

1 2 3

If you never heard of this, perhaps you'd be interested in the videos to see what kind of gameplay it features.

Hands-on.

---

Now for something different. Sony says they're making 100 PS3 games, which shouldn't be that hard to believe if to the amount of 1st/2nd/pseudo-2nd party stuff we add unannounced IPs (most of them probably at conceptual stages) and the mandatory ____load of small downloadable games.

---

fl0w

Speaking of these downloadables... Sony got the couple of people that made this flash game and with help of the Santa Monica subdivision they're turning it into a full game. So why not? It's similar to what happened with Alien Hominid, and good future perspectives for small devs. Plus, the flash thingy got me hooked 'till I completed it :P

1 2

I have a shakey vid with some gameplay. Don't pay attention to the first half, as it is a Japanese train simulator (¿?) that uses real live footage. It's called Railfan methinks, and has a 1% possibility of getting a western release.

---

Just a small note, if you see AWESOME JORNALISM™ sites like Kotaku, Spong or The Inquirer with the incredible revelation of game demos costing $1 to download, make sure to pile it along with the "Cell is 2.8Ghz", "PS3 can't render 1080p" and other related bull____ news. Neither IGN nor Eurogamer reported this on their conference coverage, and one would think it'd be at the front page :P I'm calling translation error / misinterpretation (he was talking about arcade stands or some other crap).

---

You said at GDC this year that PS3 would be region-free. Still true?

Yes, for games but not movies.

Phil Harrison says once more the games (not the movies) will be region free. Good boy, Phil, now make the backwards compatible games region unlocked too, m'kay?

Also, there will be emulation for Megadrive/Genesis (not fully confirmed yet) and Pc Engine/Turbograpx as well as the legacy Playstation software. This is good news in the sense some oldies can get more exposure regardless of the next gen system one buys (Wii has VC, X360 has XBLA) and perhaps, only perhaps, developers could revive dead franchises in next gen glory due to demand. The bad news? Well, SEGA just got the perfect excuse to release yet again Sonic 1 :P

[Continued]

Devil May Cry 4

Capcom's incredible action game, HD gameplay videos here(Part 1, Part 2).

---

Metal Gear Solid 4

The game.

The images (1, 2, 3)

The trailer.

<3

---

IGN has in display the PS3 package (+boxarts!), which is not unlike that of the PSP. Motorstorm's defines perfectly what the game is all about XD

---

And now I mentioned Motorstorm (hands-on!), if you though the videos were running slow, well, it's because the build used wasn't tuned properly. The proper demo should arrive today. I swear, these dudes are always a day late >_>

---

Coded Arms Assault

Is now looking decent. Why is every game improving? How in Earth could such a travesty occur? :P Don't worry, I'm sure someone will soon pull out a half assed PS2 to PS3 port and ruin the show. Come on, Ubi. You can do it!

TGS Trailer

Note how practically all the vid is cutscenes, though. Heh. I likey the music, and matrixy look and nothing else since I'm sick of FPS. Be glad this one doesn't have bald marines or a WWII setting.

---

Resistance also jumped on the 1080p bandwagon, given the latest images (1, 2, 3). God damn. And if you're fine with 720p, this is also good news for you, because in the downscaling your TV will output a "softer" image. Think of it like extra Antialiasing!

Multiplayer hands-on.

---

Dolby TrueHD 7.1 ch sound. Perfect to put that 50inch huge new Bravia and your hi-def surround system to use. lolz. I wish I was rich D:

---

Did I post this? LAIR Hands-on.

---

Heavenly Sword video GET. (right click save as) Andy Serkis ftmfw. You will say wow. EDIT: It's ye olde D: But maybe you haven't seen it before, dunno.

---

OMG EDIT

Gamespot UK says "Gran Turismo Classic, on the other hand, will feature approximately 770 cars, more than fifty tracks, and literally thousands of downloadable items." Could this mean it's no longer microrapement time? o:

Other points of interest:

- Damage, which Yamauchi jokingly referred to as "the homework (PD) always forgets to hand in" will be supported in GT HD.

- All cars being modeled to GT HD Premium standards will include both interior and exterior views.

- The long-delayed Gran Turismo game for PSP should be back on schedule after GT HD ships next year (this one's for PSP owners :P).

---

Annnd, Unreal Tournament 2007 will support mods. Epic thanks Sony's more open online structure for this, and takes a stab at Microsoft (probably to make 'em follow). Good news for the modding community, and those who want to experience UT to it's fullest without having to upgrade their PCs! Remember also that PS3 and this game in particular will have full Kb/Mouse support, whether they are USB or Bluetooth.

---

And the Megadrive downloads aren't a reality...yet. SEGA's probably stipulating with Sony what the price will be. I'm gonna say it'll be hard for them to resist raping us users with another release of their classics, so count on them coming. You know what, SEGA? ____ the Genesis games. Give us Saturn downloads. If we can get PS1 games over the net, there's no reason not to include Saturn games too.

---

Another last minute edit :PWarhawk's multiplayer gameplay vid is up (thanks again to Playsyde). Much better picture quality than the Youtube version.

Where's the Namco goodies? All I've seen from them thus far is RR7, which yes, it's beautiful and runs at 1080p/60pfs (!). But I want Ace Combat at least ;-;

Aside from Devil May Cry and a couple things I haven't heard of, there isn't really a whole lot catching my interest.

If I do buy a PS3, it won't be untill the price has come down to around 250 dollars anyway and by then it might have a library that interests me more. And as things are, I'm kinda doubting it will come down that low.

No TGS Sth06 info? *mauled*

Due to my unwillingness, I didnt watch any of the clips. D: I did check out the pics, and little comments. I found the screencaps of the gundam game to be pretty impressive, I've seen the ones on other systems, and they.. suck.

Looks like the next-gen consoles are doing well. Definitly impressive looking images. Eventually, at some point in my lifetime, I'll get dumb enough to pay for one of the new systems, but not yet. I have other things that concern me. =P

Nice post Sef. xD Jeux francais =p

..other pics.

The racing shix looks nice too, looks pretty damn realistic. (despite its illogical fight against gravity)

No TGS Sth06 info? *mauled*

Well, there's already topics covering that =P

Que exquisito dominio del inglés, ni el mismísimo Shakespeare podría haber formado frases tan bellas como las que nos has escupido :o ¡Impresionante!

I don't speak your barbarian language D:

XD I'm Spanish, I was poking fun at him :P

Granpa Snake's using a variation of the old stealth suit, this one instead of making you directly invisible acquires the properties (texture) of the surface he's touching. It only covers certain parts of his body, for instance you'll need a mask to hide his face.

Why set up a kiosk if you're not showing anything actually happening? Why set up two kiosks to show the same thing not happening?

IGN: "But do you understand that it's not really a demo if you don't demonstrate anything."

Booth Babe: "I'm sorry."

IGN: "No, I shouldn't be getting mad at you, it's not like you made the demo. Can I please maybe try to find the interface since I know both machines?"

Booth Babe: "Oh, only PSP is playable, please."

IGN: "You know that this is a six hundred dollar machine sitting here, right? $600. This Sony, they spent 600 dollars to build a machine to convince me ... no, make that make me convince myself on the principle that there'd be no reason for Sony to lie about the world's most powerful gaming platform being capable of moving a game demo file onto a PSP."

xDXD I almost died.