A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The Official SAGE Hype Topic! SCHWING~!

Helllloooooo Everybody!

Perfect Chaos Zero here, as the PR manager of SAGE, I'm here to (obviously) post up the Official SAGE hype topic! SAGE this year hits August 24th. If you've got a fan game, you better register yourself a booth, registration ends the 20th of August! =O!

I'm sure some of you are asking, "Isn't this topic kind of late? Cutting it a bit close aren't you?", which is quite true. Unfortunately, some problems behind the scenes at SAGE have prevented me from getting the information needed to post something like this! But fear not, everything is back on track and we're ready to go!

So I'm sure all of you are wondering, "What will we see at this year's SAGE?", so I may as well get to the point eh? Obviously we've got tons of great games to show off at SAGE this year, especially with the recent introduction of MMF2 from clickteam, but as usual, SAGE has tons more to offer!

Last year we had an appearance by none other than Ben Hurst himself (the legendary Sonic tv series writer, who wrote some of the best SatAM and Sonic Underground eps in existence.), who had a great chat with everyone in the channel at the time! Well, it turns out that Ben had such a great time last year, that he's more than willing to show up THIS YEAR as well! Thus, this SAGE will feature the RETURN of Ben Hurst, Sonic writer extrodinaire! Ben is currently scheduled for Sunday, August 27th, at 6 PM PST! (3 PM EST). I would like to note that while the date is pretty much certain THERE MAY BE VARIATION IN THE TIME OF DAY. Please keep that in mind! We'll see Mr. Hurst in #sagexpo on irc.rizon.net !

This SAGE will have our usual SAGECasting radio shows, of all sorts of varieties and flavors! Contact me if you're interested in doing a radio show at SAGE! I'm sure I can get you scheduled in for some air time! My contact info will be noted at the bottom of this topic, so just scroll down there and go to town if you need to!

For the past several years, SAGE has hosted a series of workshops, classes and seminars to teach about various aspects of game design! This year is no different, with an awesome 3 part music composition class! With a Beginner's course and a two part Advanced course, learn to compose your own midi or remastered mp3 sound tracks for your games or own personal enjoyment! Workshops are held in #sageworkshop on irc.rizon.net. If you are interested in offering a workshop on a subject, or would like to know more about them, please contact [email protected]

The SAGE art contest returns once again! This year's contest will have a theme that will be revealed on day 1 (August 24th). Submissions must be submitted by day 6 (August 30th) and will be displayed publicly on the final day of SAGE (August 31st). Judging will be done by a panel of 5 judges who have no involvement with the SAGE or the Sonic community in general using a ranking system.

First place will be an Amazon.com gift certificate for US$50. Since there is money involved, you must be 18 or older to qualify for the prize (Or have parental permission! ). An automated message *says* that I can send it "anywhere in the world" but non-US residents are warned it might not work. Please read the contest rules and disclaimer at

http://www.sagexpo.org/contest_rules.html

PLEASE wait to learn what the theme is before deciding to start your entry, or you might get disqualified!

More SAGE info, goodies and all that jive are coming up! We at SAGE will update this topic as we decide to release more information and as things develop further! In the mean time, buckle up and get ready! SAGE IS COMING TO TOWN!

If you have ANY questions, comments or whatever, contact me via the following methods:

AIM SN: PerfectChaosZEON

E-Mail: [email protected]

IRC: #srb2 @ irc.rizon.net

Forum PM at Sonic Fan Gaming HQ: http://sfghqmb.com

Update, August 20th:

This just in! Ian "Potto" Flynn, current writer of the Sonic The Hedgehog comic book (the Archie one, he's the guy trying to clean up what was left in the wake of the recently fired Ken Penders) will also be making a SAGE appearance as a guest speaker! You'll be able to ask him any and all questions you feel like asking, straight to the source! Expect to see him sometime on Friday, August 26th! The exact time and other details coming soon!

Also, come chat with us in #sagexpo on irc.rizon.net!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dopple post:

On a side note, if ANYONE bad mouths Ben Hurst before or during his appearance, I will BITCH SLAP you. XD Seriously though, I'm not kidding around here, because people whining about him (usually SatAM haters) or people who are just depressing bastards who want to go on and on about how they hate life (emo angst people) has a very, very, serious impact.

IF people act like pricks like they did last year (I'm refering to on THIS FORUM included), well, we may end up having to cancel his appearance (long story why, I'm not going to bother explaining because this SHOULD NOT HAPPEN IN THE FIRST PLACE). IF -ANYONE- does something like that and ruins the event, I will go around to the various sonic boards and explain to the hordes of SatAM fans (believe me, there's a lot, mwahaha) just who it is that ruined Hurst's appearance, then THEY can explain to the fans what their problem is! =D

But really, I'm very, DEAD serious about this. If you have nothing good to say about Hurst, don't say it at all. He's doing us a favor here and the last thing we need is people bad mouthing him for doing something nice.

For SFGHQers: If any of you do that over here, I will likely perma ban you. I am NOT kidding around.

Guest Shadix

This is quite interesting actually... Who exactly is hosting the SAGEcasts this year? I really plan to do one, just need to figure out when will be best.

This is quite interesting actually... Who exactly is hosting the SAGEcasts this year? I really plan to do one, just need to figure out when will be best.

PC0 is trying to work out who will be hosting the SAGEcasts. As previously stated, I normally do, however, due to the fact that I'll be on vacation, this is not an option for me. Sorry all. I'm sure PC0 will be able to work something out.

Only if I can apply with my funny South Georgia accent. :)

From the years I've been, most SAGEcasts are at least an hour (Mine were, anyways), but a lot of people sign up for longer time slots. Just depends on how confident you are, and how long people can stand listening to you.

Actually, no, SFGHQ has always been respectful and dignified concerning this matter. The Moogle Cavern however, is another story. They've become quite... immature these days, to put it lightly.

They way you needlessly threatened The Moogle Cavern as if we were the root of the problem was what caused the whole mishap. It was 3 or so members there that took it too far after that, none of which would have if it werent for the unneccessary threat.

Guest Shadix

The fact that people reacted to the threat instead of just heeding it is probably where he is getting the view of immaturity.

I never really liked the MC. The people there kinda came off as egocentric asshats to me. :\

They way you needlessly threatened The Moogle Cavern as if we were the root of the problem was what caused the whole mishap. It was 3 or so members there that took it too far after that, none of which would have if it werent for the unneccessary threat.

Blues: Last year, the MC freaked out and made several topics bashing Ben Hurst, many of them simply because he was appearing at SAGE (he has time to do that so he must have no life, according to some). I was asked to prevent this from happening again, as a condition for his appearance, which is why I asked this. My "threat" is hardly meant to be taken as completely serious, I can't believe you can't see the semi-light hearted manner in which such "threats" were made. Last year, it was a lot more than 3 or so people who did that. This topic itself contains the exact same post that set this whole thing off in the first place at the MC, yet no one here flipped out.

GRANTED, that post was originally written at SFGHQ and then pasted into the MC. That, I will admit, was a mistake, because I wrote it originally in a place where I am in a position of authority and didn't bother to adapt it to be more friendly in a place where I am not in such a position. HOWEVER, my "threat" was no where NEAR as bad as Squiggs and co. made it out to be and frankly, it's no excuse for the way they acted. Harassing me on AIM with several fake SNs, making tons of topics in fluff directed at me and so on are not justifiable reactions, all things considered.

Yes, maybe I should of made a more "gentle" version for the reactionary moogle cavern, instead of being lazy and copy+pasting, but that under no circumstances gives Squiggles the right to harass me on AND off the MC. Might I note I'm the one who dropped it and walked away, it was Squiggles and his crew who continued to bash and attack me without reason, not the other way around. You can look at the "threat" right here in this topic, as I mentioned earlier, in it's original context. It's pretty obvious I'm trying to be a little humorous in it and I must say it's insane how personal Squiggs and co. took it. While I may of came on stronger than intended over at the MC, I certainly didn't write several topic-rants about how Squiggles rapes male dogs now did I?

What the hell? how do you insult Ben Hurst? That guy is responsible for my early youthful days where in i would get up at 7:30 am on saturday morning to catch SatAM sonic the hedgehog religiously every saturday morning. I loved those stories and miss them greatly. how could you insult the person behind such fond memories? To do so is blasphamy!

If you want specifics of what he said, PM me, because it's... rather intense I suppose. Anyway, it's done and over with.

Asside from annoying news, I'm gonna try to get Ian Potto Flynn here, though I can't make any promises just yet. (Current writer of the comic). I'm also trying to get some other guests, but they too are rather iffy.

This isn't the place to discuss this in detail, that will happen elsewhere, but all I'm going to say is...

Blues: Last year, the MC freaked out and made several topics bashing Ben Hurst, many of them simply because he was appearing at SAGE (he has time to do that so he must have no life, according to some).

This is wrong. Hyperbole is not the way to go about this. (Seriously, I think highly of Ben Hurst. You think I'd allow "several" flaming topics about it? If I did somehow, it was definitely an accident, but I'm pretty darned sure I didn't.)

Overall, please don't forget that a forum is a collective of people, one or a few people saying something does not mean "The MC" is saying something. I agree that some people went too far over the subject, and I will be talking with them (and have already put down a timed ban or two), but they felt threatened. Again, though, I'll discuss this with you further on the side.

In return, I ask this not be spread about or discussed in other places, by either party. We'll just keep MC stuff at the MC. We're not anti-SAGE, hell, I tried to RUN the thing one year, Blaze was one of the original founders, and one of the administrators, H, tried to schedule time off his job to be a part of it full time. Things just got out of hand, and we're trying to get that straightened out.