A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

What was your favorite Sonic art style?

Hey guys! So in this thread we will talk about what our favorite Sonic art style was. Before any one asks, no it doesn't only have to be from the games.

My opinion: I really like this one:
sonic_72_80.jpgI don't see what was so bad about this one. It just brings me back so many nostalgic memories. So, which was your favorite? 

I kinda like the SA style, because from that style there have so many senarios & variations from those desgins that no other have. Still giving the 3D renders credit though, they have some cool images, but the 2D Sonic Adventure style art is my fav.

sonic-riders.png

Agreed. The art style from Sonic riders was incredibly good. 

Sonic_CD_256px.jpg

This also rocks. The way Classic Sonic looks in this picture is just brilliant. The JP version of the cover is similar, but with the white borders it's just not as awesome.

Finally, i really liked Sonic X's style. I don't know why, I just love how that show looked. The show was okay~ish (except the music. That made me cringe), but the art style was awesome.

And everyone LOVES Chris Thorndyke. right? right?

Finally, i really liked Sonic X's style. I don't know why, I just love how that show looked. The show was okay~ish (except the music. That made me cringe), but the art style was awesome.

And everyone LOVES Chris Thorndyke. right? right?

I agree, which is one reason why my Animated series has that type of art style.  

This scene always makes me pumped up and I don't even know why

supersonicandsupershadow_2.jpg

Sat Am's dirty look as was amazing to me

Sally-Bunnie-and-Sonic-bring-back-satam-

Hm...so many styles to choose from. Well, I grew up with the Archie comics (95-97), which favored the classic style most, so it will always have a place for me. Do love Riders/SA/Sonic Jam (museum) [<-official artwork] and Sonic 06's ingame art direction.

This would could require more thought, really. At first I was going to say Sonic Jam, til I started reading replies.

Trivia - Knuckle's Guardian Band was originally a Nike logo, but that concept fell through.

Sonic 06? OHGODWHY.jpg

Did I say I enjoyed the game? no.. But you can't say the CG movies are bad now can you? or the music but that's off topic. Plus 2/3 photos I posted were from Shadow the Hedgehog

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...